A comparison of the classification capabilities of the 1-dimensional kohonen neural network with two pratitioning and three hierarchical cluster analysis algorithms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Psychometrika.
Volume (Year): 63 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. (Sundar) Balakrishnan & Martha Cooper & Varghese Jacob & Phillip Lewis, 1994. "A study of the classification capabilities of neural networks using unsupervised learning: A comparison withK-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 59(4), pages 509-525, December.
- Glenn Milligan, 1985. "An algorithm for generating artificial test clusters," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 123-127, March.
- F. Murtagh & M. Hernández-Pajares, 1995. "The Kohonen self-organizing map method: An assessment," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 165-190, September.
- Chen, S. K. & Mangiameli, P. & West, D., 1995. "The comparative ability of self-organizing neural networks to define cluster structure," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 271-279, June.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Curry, B. & Morgan, P. H., 2004. "Evaluating Kohonen's learning rule: An approach through genetic algorithms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 191-205, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.