Sexual orientation and earnings: a register data-based approach to identify homosexuals
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Population Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00148/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, October.
- Christopher S. Carpenter, 2008. "Sexual orientation, work, and income in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1239-1261, November.
- Marieka M. Klawitter & Victor Flatt, 1998. "The effects of state and local antidiscrimination policies on earnings for gays and lesbians," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 658-686.
- Jeff Frank, 2004.
"Gay Glass Ceilings,"
Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics
04/20, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Aug 2004.
- Christopher Carpenter, 2004. "New Evidence on Gay and Lesbian Household Incomes," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 78-94, 01.
- Bruce Elmslie & Edinaldo Tebaldi, 2007. "Sexual Orientation and Labor Market Discrimination," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 436-453, July.
- Plug, Erik & Berkhout, Peter, 2001.
"Effects of Sexual Preferences on Earnings in the Netherlands,"
IZA Discussion Papers
344, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Erik Plug & Peter Berkhout, 2004. "Effects of sexual preferences on earnings in the Netherlands," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 117-131, February.
- J. Paul Leigh & Deborah Lubeck & Paul Farnham & James Fries, 1997. "Absenteeism and HIV infection," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(5), pages 275-280.
- Arabsheibani, G. Reza & Alan Marin & Jonathan Wadsworth, 2002.
"Gays' Pay in the UK,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
8, Royal Economic Society.
- Suzanne Heller Clain & Karen Leppel, 2001. "An investigation into sexual orientation discrimination as an explanation for wage differences," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 37-47.
- Marieka Klawitter, 1998. "Why Aren't More Economists Doing Research on Sexual Orientation?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 55-59.
- Phelps, Edmund S, 1972. "The Statistical Theory of Racism and Sexism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 659-61, September.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Berggren, Niclas & Elinder, Mikael, 2010.
"Is Tolerance Good or Bad for Growth?,"
Working Paper Series
846, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Berggren, Niclas & Elinder, Mikael, 2010. "Is tolerance good or bad for growth?," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2010:8, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Berggren, Niclas & Elinder, Mikael, 2010. "Is Tolerance Good or Bad for Growth?," Ratio Working Papers 155, The Ratio Institute.
- Berggren, Niclas & Elinder, Mikael, 2010. "Is tolerance good or bad for growth?," Working Paper Series 2010:13, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Ali M Ahmed & Lina Andersson & Mats Hammarstedt, 2011. "Sexual orientation and occupational rank," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2422-2433.
- Josef Montag, 2014.
"What Drives the Gender Gap? An Analysis Using Sexual Orientation,"
MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics
2014-43, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Josef Montag, 2014. "What Drives the Gender Gap? An Analysis Using Sexual Orientation," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp505, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Stephan Humpert, 2012. "Somewhere over the Rainbow: Sexual Orientation Discrimination in Germany," Working Paper Series in Economics 245, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Drydakis, Nick, 2012. "Men's Sexual Orientation and Job Satisfaction," IZA Discussion Papers 6272, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ahmed, Ali & Andersson, Lina & Hammarstedt, Mats, 2011. "Are homosexuals discriminated against in the hiring process?," Working Paper Series 2011:21, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Katherine B. Coffman & Lucas C. Coffman & Keith M. Marzilli Ericson, 2013. "The Size of the LGBT Population and the Magnitude of Anti-Gay Sentiment are Substantially Underestimated," NBER Working Papers 19508, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Plug, Erik & Webbink, Dinand & Martin, Nicholas G., 2011. "Sexual Orientation, Prejudice and Segregation," IZA Discussion Papers 5772, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thierry Laurent & Ferhat Mihoubi, 2012.
"Sexual Orientation and Wage Discrimination in France: The Hidden Side of the Rainbow,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 487-527, December.
- Laurent, Thierry & Mihoubi, Ferhat, 2011. "Sexual orientation and wage discrimination in France: the hidden side of the rainbow," MPRA Paper 33723, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ali Ahmed & Lina Andersson & Mats Hammarstedt, 2013. "Sexual orientation and full-time monthly earnings, by public and private sector: evidence from Swedish register data," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 83-108, March.
- Drydakis, Nick, 2014. "Effect of Sexual Orientation on Job Satisfaction: Evidence from Greece," IZA Discussion Papers 8045, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.