What Makes People Happy? Some Evidence from Northern Ireland
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Happiness Studies.
Volume (Year): 7 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/1389-4978
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oswald, A.J., 1997.
"Happiness and Economic Performance,"
18, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Oswald, Andrew, 1997. "Happiness and Economic Performance," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 478, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Borooah, Vani K., 1999. "Occupational class and the probability of long-term limiting illness," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 253-266, July.
- Frank, Robert H, 1997. "The Frame of Reference as a Public Good," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1832-47, November.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-59, May.
- Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2001.
"Well-Being Over Time in Britain and the USA,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
616, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Hayo, Bernd & Seifert, Wolfgang, 2002.
"Subjective economic well-being in Eastern Europe,"
120, University of Duisburg-Essen, Faculty for Economics and Business Administration.
- John F. Helliwell & Robert D. Putnam, 1999.
"Education and Social Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
7121, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterlin, Richard A, 2001. "Income and Happiness: Towards an Unified Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(473), pages 465-84, July.
- Clark, Andrew E., 1999. "Are wages habit-forming? evidence from micro data," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 179-200, June.
- Griffin, Joan M. & Fuhrer, Rebecca & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Marmot, Michael, 2002. "The importance of low control at work and home on depression and anxiety: do these effects vary by gender and social class?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(5), pages 783-798, March.
- Clark, Andrew E., 2001. "What really matters in a job? Hedonic measurement using quit data," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 223-242, May.
- Vani Borooah, 2010. "Gender Differences in the Incidence of Depression and Anxiety: Econometric Evidence from the USA," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 11(6), pages 663-682, December.
- J. Cramm & V. Møller & A. Nieboer, 2012. "Individual- and Neighbourhood-Level Indicators of Subjective Well-Being in a Small and Poor Eastern Cape Township: The Effect of Health, Social Capital, Marital Status, and Income," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 581-593, February.
- John Grable & Sam Cupples & Fred Fernatt & NaRita Anderson, 2013. "Evaluating the Link Between Perceived Income Adequacy and Financial Satisfaction: A Resource Deficit Hypothesis Approach," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 1109-1124, December.
- Damiano Fiorillo, 2010.
"Volunteer work and domain satisfactions: Evidence from Italy,"
6_2010, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Damiano Fiorillo, 2012. "Volunteer work and domain satisfactions: evidence from Italy," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(2), pages 97-124, January.
- Hung-Chang Chiu & Yi-Ching Hsieh & Huey-Jiuan Yeh & Chien-Liang Kuo & Monle Lee & Der-Jang Yu, 2011. "The Connection Between Happiness and Service Businesses: A Preliminary Study," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 841-860, October.
- Wan-chi Chen, 2012. "How Education Enhances Happiness: Comparison of Mediating Factors in Four East Asian Countries," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 106(1), pages 117-131, March.
- repec:eso:journl:v:38:y:2007:i:1:p:85-105 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.