Sentiment dynamics and stock returns: the case of the German stock market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 41 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Penm, J. H. W. & Terrell, R. D., 1984. "Multivariate subset autoregressive modelling with zero constraints for detecting 'overall causality'," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 311-330, March.
- Andrei Shleifer ad Robert W. Vishny, 1995.
"The Limits of Arbitrage,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1725, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, .
"Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets,"
J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers
_124, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Baker, Malcolm & Wurgler, Jeffrey & Yuan, Yu, 2012.
"Global, local, and contagious investor sentiment,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 272-287.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler & Yu Yuan, 2009. "Global, local, and contagious investor sentiment," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 37, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2004.
"Investor Sentiment and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns,"
NBER Working Papers
10449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2006. "Investor Sentiment and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(4), pages 1645-1680, 08.
- Schmeling, Maik, 2009.
"Investor sentiment and stock returns: Some international evidence,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 394-408, June.
- Schmeling, Maik, 2008. "Investor sentiment and stock returns: Some international evidence," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-407, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Gregory W. Brown & Michael T. Cliff, 2005. "Investor Sentiment and Asset Valuation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 405-440, March.
- Liu, Te-Ru & Gerlow, Mary E. & Irwin, Scott H., 1994. "The performance of alternative VAR models in forecasting exchange rates," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 419-433, November.
- Clark, Todd E. & West, Kenneth D., 2007.
"Approximately normal tests for equal predictive accuracy in nested models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 291-311, May.
- Kenneth D. West & Todd Clark, 2006. "Approximately Normal Tests for Equal Predictive Accuracy in Nested Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Todd E. Clark & Kenneth D. West, 2005. "Approximately normal tests for equal predictive accuracy in nested models," Research Working Paper RWP 05-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Michael Lemmon & Evgenia Portniaguina, 2006. "Consumer Confidence and Asset Prices: Some Empirical Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(4), pages 1499-1529.
- Rahul Verma & Hasan Baklaci & Gokce Soydemir, 2008. "The impact of rational and irrational sentiments of individual and institutional investors on DJIA and S&P500 index returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(16), pages 1303-1317.
- Hengelbrock, Jördis & Theissen, Erik & Westheide, Christian, 2011.
"Market response to investor sentiment,"
CFR Working Papers
11-01, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Kling, Gerhard & Gao, Lei, 2008. "Chinese institutional investors' sentiment," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 374-387, October.
- Schmeling, Maik, 2006.
"Institutional and Individual Sentiment: Smart Money and Noise Trader Risk,"
Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover
dp-337, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Schmeling, Maik, 2007. "Institutional and individual sentiment: Smart money and noise trader risk?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 127-145.
- Bormann, Sven-Kristjan, 2013. "Sentiment indices on financial markets: What do they measure?," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-58, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Theologos Dergiades, 2012.
"Do Investors' Sentiment Dynamics affect Stock Returns? Evidence from the US Economy,"
Discussion Paper Series
2012_05, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2012.
- Dergiades, Theologos, 2012. "Do investors’ sentiment dynamics affect stock returns? Evidence from the US economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 404-407.
- Dergiades, Theologos, 2011. "Do Investors' Sentiment Dynamics affect Stock Returns? Evidence from the US Economy," MPRA Paper 51128, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Nov 2011.
- Morales-Arias, Leonardo & Moura, Guilherme V., 2013. "Adaptive forecasting of exchange rates with panel data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 493-509.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.