Sentiment dynamics and stock returns: the case of the German stock market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 41 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rahul Verma & Hasan Baklaci & Gokce Soydemir, 2008. "The impact of rational and irrational sentiments of individual and institutional investors on DJIA and S&P500 index returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(16), pages 1303-1317.
- Hengelbrock, Jördis & Theissen, Erik & Westheide, Christian, 2011.
"Market response to investor sentiment,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2011/02, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- De Long, J Bradford & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1990.
"Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 703-38, August.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Waldmann, Robert J., 1990. "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," Scholarly Articles 3725552, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, . "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _124, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Todd E. Clark & Kenneth D. West, 2005.
"Approximately normal tests for equal predictive accuracy in nested models,"
Research Working Paper
RWP 05-05, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Clark, Todd E. & West, Kenneth D., 2007. "Approximately normal tests for equal predictive accuracy in nested models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 291-311, May.
- Kenneth D. West & Todd Clark, 2006. "Approximately Normal Tests for Equal Predictive Accuracy in Nested Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer ad Robert W. Vishny, 1995.
"The Limits of Arbitrage,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1725, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Gregory W. Brown & Michael T. Cliff, 2005. "Investor Sentiment and Asset Valuation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 405-440, March.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2004.
"Investor Sentiment and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns,"
NBER Working Papers
10449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2006. "Investor Sentiment and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(4), pages 1645-1680, 08.
- Schmeling, Maik, 2009.
"Investor sentiment and stock returns: Some international evidence,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 394-408, June.
- Schmeling, Maik, 2008. "Investor sentiment and stock returns: Some international evidence," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-407, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler & Yu Yuan, 2009.
"Global, local, and contagious investor sentiment,"
Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper
37, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Penm, J. H. W. & Terrell, R. D., 1984. "Multivariate subset autoregressive modelling with zero constraints for detecting 'overall causality'," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 311-330, March.
- Schmeling, Maik, 2006.
"Institutional and Individual Sentiment: Smart Money and Noise Trader Risk,"
Hannover Economic Papers (HEP)
dp-337, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Schmeling, Maik, 2007. "Institutional and individual sentiment: Smart money and noise trader risk?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 127-145.
- Liu, Te-Ru & Gerlow, Mary E. & Irwin, Scott H., 1994. "The performance of alternative VAR models in forecasting exchange rates," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 419-433, November.
- Kling, Gerhard & Gao, Lei, 2008. "Chinese institutional investors' sentiment," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 374-387, October.
- Michael Lemmon & Evgenia Portniaguina, 2006. "Consumer Confidence and Asset Prices: Some Empirical Evidence," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(4), pages 1499-1529.
- Dergiades, Theologos, 2011.
"Do Investors' Sentiment Dynamics affect Stock Returns? Evidence from the US Economy,"
51128, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Nov 2011.
- Dergiades, Theologos, 2012. "Do investors’ sentiment dynamics affect stock returns? Evidence from the US economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 404-407.
- Theologos Dergiades, 2012. "Do Investors' Sentiment Dynamics affect Stock Returns? Evidence from the US Economy," Discussion Paper Series 2012_05, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2012.
- Morales-Arias, Leonardo & Moura, Guilherme V., 2013. "Adaptive forecasting of exchange rates with panel data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 493-509.
- Bormann, Sven-Kristjan, 2013. "Sentiment indices on financial markets: What do they measure?," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-58, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Thomas Lux, 2013. "Inference for systems of stochastic differential equations from discretely sampled data: a numerical maximum likelihood approach," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 217-248, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.