A dynamic profit function with adjustment costs for outputs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirical Economics.
Volume (Year): 35 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pindyck, Robert S & Rotemberg, Julio J, 1983. "Dynamic Factor Demands and the Effects of Energy Price Shocks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1066-79, December.
- Pierre Lasserre & Pierre Ouellette, 1999.
"Dynamic Factor Demands and Technology Measurement under Arbitrary Expectations,"
Cahiers de recherche du DÃ©partement des sciences Ã©conomiques, UQAM
9908, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Pierre Lasserre & Pierre Ouellette, 1993. "Dynamic Factor Demands and Technology Measurement Under Arbitrary Expectations," Cahiers de recherche du DÃ©partement des sciences Ã©conomiques, UQAM 9509, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques, revised Jul 1995.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Squires, Dale, 1990. "On the measurement of economic capacity utilization for multi-product industries," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 347-361, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Kulatilaka, Nalin, 1985. "Tests on the validity of static equilibrium models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 253-268, May.
- Nadiri, M Ishaq & Rosen, Sherwin, 1969. "Interrelated Factor Demand Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 457-71, Part I Se.
- Friesen, Jane, 1992. "Testing Dynamic Specification of Factor Demand Equations for U.S. Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 240-50, May.
- Carlton, Dennis W, 1986.
"The Rigidity of Prices,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 637-58, September.
- Epstein, Larry G, 1981. "Duality Theory and Functional Forms for Dynamic Factor Demands," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 81-95, January.
- Gould, John P, 1969. "The Use of Endogenous Variables in Dynamic Models of Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 580-99, November.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Gerard A. Pfann, 1996.
"Adjustment Costs in Factor Demand,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1264-1292, September.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1976. "A characterization of the normalized restricted profit function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 131-163, February.
- Cooper, Russel J & McLaren, Keith R, 1980. "Atemporal, Temporal and Intertemporal Duality in Consumer Theory," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(3), pages 599-609, October.
- Sherwin Rosen & Kevin M. Murphy & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1993.
NBER Working Papers
4403, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixon, R J, 1983. "Industry Structure and the Speed of Price Adjustment," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 25-37, September.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Mortensen, Dale T, 1973. "Generalized Costs of Adjustment and Dynamic Factor Demand Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 657-65, July.
- Schankerman, Mark & Nadiri, M. Ishaq, 1986. "A test of static equilibrium models and rates of return to quasi-fixed factors, with an application to the Bell system," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 97-118.
- V. Eldon Ball & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Richard Nehring & Agapi Somwaru, 1997. "Agricultural Productivity Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1045-1063.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Cointegration in partial systems and the efficiency of single-equation analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 389-402, June.
- Alfons Oude Lansink & Spiro E. Stefanou, 1997. "Asymmetric Adjustment of Dynamic Factors at the Firm Level," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1340-1351.
- Evans, G B A & Savin, N E, 1981. "Testing for Unit Roots: 1," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 753-79, May.
- Anderson, G J & Blundell, R W, 1982. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Dynamic Singular Equation Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1559-71, November.
- Treadway, Arthur B, 1971. "The Rational Multivariate Flexible Accelerator," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 845-55, September.
- McLaren, Keith R & Cooper, Russel J, 1980. "Intertemporal Duality: Application to the Theory of the Firm," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1755-62, November.
- Yir-Hueih Luh & Spiro E. Stefanou, 1996. "Estimating Dynamic Dual Models under Nonstatic Expectations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 991-1003.
- Robert E. Lucas & Jr., 1967. "Adjustment Costs and the Theory of Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 321.
- Aditi Bhattacharyya, 2012. "Adjustment of inputs and measurement of technical efficiency: A dynamic panel data analysis of the Egyptian manufacturing sectors," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 863-880, June.
- Song, Nianfu & Aguilar, Francisco X. & Shifley, Stephen R. & Goerndt, Michael E., 2012. "Analysis of U.S. residential wood energy consumption: 1967–2009," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2116-2124.
- Verreth, Daphne M.I. & Emvalomatis, Grigorios & Bunte, Frank H.J. & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M., 2011. "Dynamic adjustments in the Dutch greenhouse sector due to environmental regulations," 122nd Seminar, February 17-18, 2011, Ancona, Italy 99364, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.