Estimating Dynamic Dual Models under Nonstatic Expectations
AbstractIn this paper we derive a system of equations depicting agents' dynamic decision rules under nonstatic price expectations. Based on the adjustment cost model of the firm, the integrability conditions which can serve to guide the specification of flexible functional forms are established. A two-stage econometric model permitting empirical examination of both the expectations formation process and the dynamic structure of the industry is estimated using two different data series for U.S. production agriculture. The estimation results suggest evidence of the presence of nonstatic price expectations in dynamic dual models for U.S. production agriculture. Copyright 1996, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 78 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Petrick, Martin & Zier, Patrick, 2010. "Cap Impacts On Labour Use In East German Agriculture," 50st Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 29-October 1, 2010 93962, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Elvira Silva & Alfons Oude Lansink, 2013. "Dynamic Efficiency Measurement: A Directional Distance Function Approach," CEF.UP Working Papers 1307, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Matteo Manera, 2006.
"Modelling factor demands with SEM and VAR: an empirical comparison,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 121-146, October.
- Matteo Manera, 2005. "Modeling Factor Demands with SEM and VAR: An Empirical Comparison," Working Papers 2005.47, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Gardebroek, Cornelis & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M., 2008. "Dynamic Microeconometric Approaches To Analysing Agricultural Policy," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6592, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Arnade, Carlos A. & Gopinath, Munisamy, 1998. "Capital Adjustment In U.S. Agriculture And Food Processing: A Cross-Sectoral Model," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Supawat Rungsuriyawiboon, 2004. "A Dynamic Approach to Estimate the Efficiency of U.S. Electric Utilities," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 91, Econometric Society.
- Supawat Rungsuriyawiboon & Spiro E. Stefanou, 2003.
"Dynamic Efficiency Estimation: An Application to US Electric Utilities,"
CEPA Working Papers Series
WP052003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Rungsuriyawiboon, Supawat & Stefanou, Spiro E., 2007. "Dynamic Efficiency Estimation: An Application to U.S. Electric Utilities," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 226-238, April.
- Frank Asche & Subal Kumbhakar & Ragnar Tveteras, 2008. "A dynamic profit function with adjustment costs for outputs," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 379-393, September.
- Pietola, Kyosti & Myers, Robert J., 1998. "Investment Under Uncertainty And Dynamic Adjustment In Finnish Pork Industry," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20953, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Teresa Serra & Spiro Stefanou & José M. Gil & Allen Featherstone, 2009.
"Investment rigidity and policy measures,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 103-120, March.
- Serra, Teresa & Stefanou, Spiro E. & Gil, Jose Maria & Featherstone, Allen M., 2008. "Investment rigidity and policy measures," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6511, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Teresa Serra & Spiro Stefanou & Alfons Oude Lansink, 2010.
"A dynamic dual model under state-contingent production uncertainty,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 37(3), pages 293-312, September.
- Serra, Teresa & Stefanou, Spiro E. & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M., 2010. "A dynamic dual model under state-contingent production uncertainty," 114th Seminar, April 15-16, 2010, Berlin, Germany 61353, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Silva, Elvira, 1999. "A Nonparametric Approach To Short-Run Production Analysis In A Dynamic Context," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21608, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Considine, Timothy J. & Heo, Eunnyeong, 2000. "Price and inventory dynamics in petroleum product markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 527-548, October.
- Lin, Ni & Davis, George C. & Shumway, C. Richard, 1998. "Aggregation Without Separability: Tests Of U.S. And Mexican Agricultural Production Data," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20927, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alejandro Onofri & Lilyan Fulginiti, 2008. "Public inputs and dynamic producer behavior: endogenous growth in U.S. agriculture," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 13-28, August.
- Odening, Martin & Musshoff, Oliver & Huettel, Silke, 2003. "Empirische Validierung von Realoptionsmodellen," Working Paper Series 18825, Humboldt University Berlin, Department Agricultural Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.