The Transformation of Food Retail in the Philippines
AbstractSpecial problems arise when analyzing supply chains because of the complexity of the relationships in the system. In addressing this concern for a research project on a vegetable supply chain in Mindanao, the authors of this paper use a pluralistic methodology. A soft-systems framework was used to structure and analyze the problem and identify relevant systems. Issues addressed are the extent of efficiency along the supply chain (including input supply (issues), output marketing, quality control and transport) and the relationships between the various participants in the supply chain. Qualitative and quantitative data collection methods have been used.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture in its journal Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development.
Volume (Year): 6 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Note: ORDER INFORMATION. Dr. Mariliza V. Ticsay, SEARCA, College, 4031 Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines. E-mail:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: College 4031, Laguna, Philippines
Phone: (63-49) 536-2365
Fax: (63-49) 536-7097
Web page: http://www.searca.org/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas Reardon & C. Peter Timmer & Christopher B. Barrett & Julio Berdegué, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1140-1146.
- Senauer, Benjamin & Goetz, Linde, 2003. "The Growing Middle Class In Developing Countries And The Market For High-Value Food Products," Working Papers 14331, University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center.
- Dannhaeuser, Norbert, 1977. " Distribution and the Structure of Retail Trade in a Philippine Commercial Town Setting," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(3), pages 471-503, April.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2005.
"The Impact of Market Reforms on Competition, Structure and Performance of the Philippine Economy,"
DP 2005-24, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba, 2005. "The Impact of Market Reforms on Competition, Structure and Performance of the Philippine Economy," Trade Working Papers 22306, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Dyck, John H. & Woolverton, Andrea E. & Rangkuti, Fahwani Yuliati, 2012. "Indonesia's Modern Retail Food Sector: Interaction With Changing Food Consumption and Trade Patterns," Economic Information Bulletin 127495, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudia Svetlana Z. Cabrera).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.