Financial Development in 205 Economies, 1960 to 2010
AbstractThis paper describes our construction of the Global Financial Development Database and uses the data to compare financial systems around the world. The database (available at www.worldbank.org/financialdevelopment) provides information on financial systems in 205 economies over the period from 1960 to 2010 and includes measures of (1) size of financial institutions and markets (financial depth), (2) degree to which individuals and firms can and do use financial services (access), (3) efficiency of financial intermediaries and markets in intermediating resources and facilitating financial transactions (efficiency) and (4) stability of financial institutions and markets (stability).
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by EY Global FS Institute in its journal Journal of Financial Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 1 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1 More London Place, London SE1 2AF, UK
Phone: +44 20 7951 2000
Web page: http://www.gfsi.ey.com/
Financial development; Financial stability; Financial depth; Access to finance; Efficiency of financial institutions and markets;
Other versions of this item:
- Martin Čihák & Asli Demirgüč-Kunt & Erik Feyen & Ross Levine, 2013. "Financial Development in 205 Economies, 1960 to 2010," NBER Working Papers 18946, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Shahin Shojai).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.