Finanzstruktur und Wirtschaftswachstum - theoretische und empirische Aspekte
AbstractThe bank-based financial systems of Germany and Japan were considered most conducive to growth in the 1980s. After the Japanese stagnation of the 1990s and the most recent slump in Germany, the conviction that the market-based Anglo-American financial systems are a prerequisite for a dynamic economic development has gained ground. However, critics have stressed recently that the strong orientation towards "share-holder value" comes at the expense of long-term growth. This has induced the author to analyse the long-term relationship between the financial system/structure and economic growth in depth. This study provides theoretical and empirical evidence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute in its series IMK Studies with number 01-2005.
Length: 53 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2005
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Eckhard Hein, 2005. "Finanzstruktur und Wirtschaftswachstum - theoretische und empirische Aspekte," Macroeconomics 0508014, EconWPA.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eckhard Hein, 2008.
"Shareholder value orientation, distribution and growth – short- and medium-run effects in a Kaleckian model,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
wuwp120, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Eckhard Hein, 2010. "Shareholder Value Orientation, Distribution And Growth-Short- And Medium-Run Effects In A Kaleckian Model," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 302-332, 05.
- Eckhard Hein & Till van Treeck, 2007. "'Financialisation' in Kaleckian/Post-Kaleckian models of distribution and growth," IMK Working Paper 07-2007, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Eckhard Hein & Till van Treeck, 2008. "Finanzmarktorientierung - ein Investitions- und Wachstumshemmnis?," IMK Report 26-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Eckhard Hein, 2009. "A (Post-) Keynesian perspective on "financialisation"," IMK Studies 01-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Nemitz).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.