The Development of a European Prudential System
Abstract[eng] Financial markets are integrating fast with the advent of the euro. To cope with accrued competition, financial intermediaries have developed mergers. Credit and market risk are so correlated it poses problem to prudential regulation. This article proposes some ways of reforms. . JEL Classifications : G28
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Programme National Persée in its journal Revue d'économie financière (English ed.).
Volume (Year): 60 (2000)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/revue/ecofi
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laurence Scialom & Michel Aglietta, 1998. "Vers une nouvelle doctrine prudentielle," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 48(4), pages 47-73.
- Charles A. E. Goodhart & Haizhou Huang, 1999.
"A model of the lender of last resort,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Haizhou Huang & Charles Goodhart, 1999.
"A Simple Model of an International Lender of Last Resort,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp336, Financial Markets Group.
- Haizhou Huang & C. A. E. Goodhart, 2000. "A Simple Model of an International Lender of Last Resort," IMF Working Papers 00/75, International Monetary Fund.
- G. G. Garcia, 1999. "Deposit Insurance - A Survey of Actual and Best Practices," IMF Working Papers 99/54, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.