Eurozone stock returns co-movement: Some findings for portfolio managers and central bankers
AbstractTIn this paper we assess the level of country risk vs industry risk for the Eurozone national stock markets and the measure of dispersion is used to deliver the desired estimates. We find a significant and permanent increase in the level of country risk since the beginning of the recent global financial crisis. This conclusion may be important both for portfolio managers and monetary policymakers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Prague Development Center in its journal Business and Economic Horizons (BEH).
Volume (Year): 5 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://academicpublishingplatforms.com/journal.php?journal=BEH
More information through EDIRC
Diversification gains; EMU.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1994.
"Time-Varying World Market Integration,"
NBER Working Papers
4843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elbourne, Adam & Salomons, Roelof, 2004. "Monetary transmission and equity markets in the EU," Research Report 04E15, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Gonçalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Rodrigues, Mauro & Soares, Tiago, 2009. "Correlation of business cycles in the euro zone," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 56-58, January.
- Ã“lan T. Henry & Nilss Olekalns & Jonathan Thong, 2004.
"Do stock market returns predict changes to output? Evidence from a nonlinear panel data model,"
Empirical Economics, Springer,
Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 527-540, 09.
- Ã“lan T. Henry & Nilss Olekalns & Jonathan Thong, 2003. "Do Stock Market Returns Predict Changes to Output? Evidence from a Nonlinear Panel Data Model," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series, The University of Melbourne 868, The University of Melbourne.
- Jan Babecky & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2013.
"Financial Integration at Times of Financial Instability,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences,
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Jan Babecky & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2010. "Financial Integration at Times of Financial (In)Stability," Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, in: CNB Financial Stability Report 2009/2010, chapter 0, pages 102-109 Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Jan Babecky & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2010. "Financial Integration at Times of Financial Instability," Working Papers, Czech National Bank, Research Department 2010/09, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaroslav Holecek).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.