Health status and labour force status of older working-age Australian men
AbstractThis research uses the Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) Survey to investigate the impacts of health on labour force status of older working-age Australian men. We estimate a model that exploits the longitudinal nature of the data and takes the correlation between the two error terms in the health and labour force status equations into account. The results show that controlling for unobserved heterogeneity and the correlation between the two equations is important. It is also found that any restriction on the correlation between the two equations appears to lead to underestimation of the direct health effects.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School in its journal Australian Journal of Labour Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: GPO Box U1987, Perth WA 6845
Web page: http://business.curtin.edu.au/research/publications/journals/ajle/
More information through EDIRC
Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials; Job; Occupational; and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion Labor Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alan Duncan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.