Unobserved Individual and Firm Heterogeneity in Wage and Job‐Duration Functions: Evidence from German Linked Employer–Employee Data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Verein für Socialpolitik in its journal German Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 12 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6485
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1994.
"High Wage Workers and High Wage Firms,"
NBER Working Papers
4917, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abowd, J.M. & Kramarz, F. & Margolis, D.N., 1995. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," Cahiers de recherche 9503, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Abowd, J.M. & Kramarz, F. & Margolis, D.N., 1995. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," Cahiers de recherche 9503, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & David N. Margolis, 1994. "High-Wage Workers and High-Wage Firms," CIRANO Working Papers 94s-23, CIRANO.
- Anders Frederiksen & Bo E. Honoré & Luojia Hu, 2006.
"Discrete Time Duration Models with Group-level Heterogeneity,"
05-008, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Frederiksen, Anders & Honore, Bo E. & Hu, Luojia, 2007. "Discrete time duration models with group-level heterogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1014-1043, December.
- Hersch, Joni & Reagan, Patricia, 1990. "Job Match, Tenure and Wages Paid by Firms," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(3), pages 488-507, July.
- Mumford, Karen A. & Smith, Peter N., 2004.
"Job Tenure in Britain: Employee Characteristics Versus Workplace Effects,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1085, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Karen Mumford & Peter N. Smith, 2004. "Job Tenure in Britain: Employee Characteristics versus Workplace Effects," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(281), pages 275-297, 05.
- Karen Mumford & Peter N Smith, . "Job Tenure in Britain: Employee Characteristics Versus Workplace Effects," Discussion Papers 04/06, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Nicolas Williams, 1997.
"Do Wages Rise with Job Seniority? A Reassessment,"
NBER Working Papers
6010, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shimer, R. & Smith, L., 1998.
"Assortive Matching and Search,"
98-09, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Shimer, R. & Smith, L., 1997. "Assortative Matching and Search," Working papers 97-2a, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Shimer, R. & Smith, L., 1997. "Assortative Matching and Search," Working papers 97-2b, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & Sébastien Roux, 2006. "Wages, Mobility and Firm Performance: Advantages and Insights from Using Matched Worker-Firm Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(512), pages F245-F285, 06.
- Woodcock, Simon, 2006.
154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rebitzer, James B & Taylor, Lowell J, 1991. "A Model of Dual Labor Markets When Product Demand Is Uncertain," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1373-83, November.
- Woodcock, Simon D., 2008.
"Wage differentials in the presence of unobserved worker, firm, and match heterogeneity,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 771-793, August.
- Simon D. Woodcock, 2007. "Wage Differentials in the Presence of Unobserved Worker, Firm, and Match Heterogeneity," Discussion Papers dp07-10, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Woodcock, Simon, 2006. "Wage Differentials in the Presence of Unobserved Worker, Firm, and Match Heterogeneity," MPRA Paper 1341, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. J. Andrews & L. Gill & T. Schank & R. Upward, 2008. "High wage workers and low wage firms: negative assortative matching or limited mobility bias?," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 171(3), pages 673-697.
- Benoit Dostie, 2004.
"Job Turnover and the Returns to Seniority,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
127, Econometric Society.
- Munasinghe, Lalith & Sigman, Karl, 2004. "A hobo syndrome? Mobility, wages, and job turnover," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 191-218, April.
- Goux, Dominique & Maurin, Eric, 1999. "Persistence of Interindustry Wage Differentials: A Reexamination Using Matched Worker-Firm Panel Data," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(3), pages 492-533, July.
- Thomas Cornelissen, 2008. "The Stata command felsdvreg to fit a linear model with two high-dimensional fixed effects," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(2), pages 170-189, June.
- Bernhard Boockmann & Susanne Steffes, 2010.
"Workers, Firms, or Institutions: What Determines Job Duration for Male Employees in Germany?,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 64(1), pages 109-127, October.
- Boockmann, Bernhard & Steffes, Susanne, 2008. "Workers, Firms, or Institutions: What Determines Job Duration for Male Employees in Germany?," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-116, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Martyn Andrews & Thorsten Schank & Richard Upward, 2006. "Practical fixed-effects estimation methods for the three-way error-components model," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(4), pages 461-481, December.
- Alda, Holger & Bender, Stefan & Gartner, Hermann, 2005. "The linked employer-employee dataset of the IAB (LIAB)," IAB Discussion Paper 200506, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Andrew E. Clark, 2004. "What makes a good job? Evidence from OECD countries," DELTA Working Papers 2004-28, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Franz, Wolfgang & Steiner, Viktor, 1999.
"Wages in the East German transition process: facts and explanations,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
99-40, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Wolfgang Franz & Viktor Steiner, 2000. "Wages in the East German Transition Process: Facts and Explanations," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(3), pages 241-269, 08.
- Gerlach, Knut & Stephan, Gesine, 2005. "Individual tenure and collective contracts," IAB Discussion Paper 200510, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Raknerud, Arvid & Skjerpen, Terje, 2011.
"Using the Helmert-Transformation to Reduce Dimensionality in a Mixed Model: Application to a Wage Equation with Worker and Firm Heterogeneity,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5847, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Raknerud, Arvid & Skjerpen, Terje, 2011. "Using the Helmert-transformation to reduce dimensionality in a mixed model: Application to a wage equation with worker and firm heterogeneity," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 11/2011, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics, revised 04 Oct 2011.
- Michele Battisti, 2013. "Individual Wage Growth: The Role of Industry Experience," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 152, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- R. Aeberhardt & C. Marbot, 2013. "Evolution of Instability on the French Labour Market during the Last Thirty Years," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2013-08, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
- Gaure, Simen, 2013. "OLS with multiple high dimensional category variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 8-18.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.