A Unified Approach to Sensitivity Analysis in Equilibrium Displacement Models: Comment
AbstractIt is pointed out that the Chebychev confidence intervals and maximum p-values advocated by Davis and Espinoza for sensitivity analysis of equilibrium displacement models are unnecessary. Desired probability intervals and probabilities can be accurately estimated without resorting to gross approximations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Agricultural and Applied Economics Association in its journal American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 82 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Griffiths, William E. & Zhao, Xueyan, 1999. "A Unified Approach To Sensitivity Analysis In Equilibrium Displacement Models: Comment," Working Papers 12950, University of New England, School of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George C. Davis & Maria Cristina Espinoza, 1998. "A Unified Approach to Sensitivity Analysis in Equilibrium Displacement Models," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 868-879.
- Kenneth Clements & Yihui Lan & Xueyan Zhao, 2010. "The demand for marijuana, tobacco and alcohol: inter-commodity interactions with uncertainty," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 203-239, August.
- Emayenesh, Seyoum & Goddard, Ellen W. & MacLearn, Donald & Griffith, Garry R., 2002. "Modelling World Dairy Trade: The Potential Impact of Officially Supported Export Credits on the Australian Dairy Industry," 2002 Conference (46th), February 13-15, 2002, Canberra 125165, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kenneth W Clements & Yihui Lan & Xueyan Zhao, 2006.
"The Demand for Vice: Inter-Commodity Interactions with Uncertainty,"
Economics Discussion / Working Papers
06-30, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Yihui Lan & Xueyan Zhao, 2005. "The Demand for Vice: Inter-Commodity Interactions with Uncertainty," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 05-30, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Short, Cameron, 2002. "A Methodology to Evaluate the Impact of Cost Recovery in Canadian Agriculture and Agri-Food Chains," Economic and Market Information 54496, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Zhao, Xueyan & Anderson, Kym & Wittwer, Glyn, 2002.
"Who Gains from Australian Generic Wine R&D and Promotion?,"
2002 Conference (46th), February 13-15, 2002, Canberra
125627, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Xueyan Zhao & Kym Anderson & Glyn Wittwer, 2002. "Who Gains from Australian Generic Wine R&D and Promotion?," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-04, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Capps, Oral, Jr. & Williams, Gary W., 2006. "The Economic Effectiveness of the Cotton Checkoff Program," Reports 90753, Texas A&M University, Agribusiness, Food, and Consumer Economics Research Center.
- Zhao, Xueyan & Mullen, John D. & Griffith, Garry R. & Griffiths, William E. & Piggott, Roley R., 2000. "An Equilibrium Displacement Model of the Australian Beef Industry," Research Reports 28007, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries Research Economists.
- Zhao, Xueyan & Griffith, Garry R. & Mullen, John D., 2000. "Returns to New Technologies in the Australian Beef Industry: On-farm Research versus Off-farm Research," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123749, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Zhao, Xueyan & Griffiths, William E. & Griffith, Garry R. & Mullen, John D., 2000. "Probability distributions for economic surplus changes: the case of technical change in the Australian wool industry," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(1), March.
- Bullock, David S. & Salhofer, Klaus, 2003. "Judging agricultural policies: a survey," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 225-243, May.
- Davis, George C., 2001. "Confirmation And Falsification Of Equilibrium Displacement Models," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20525, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chung, Chanjin & Eom, Young Sook & Yang, Byung Woo & Han, Sungill, 2013. "Optimal Generic Advertising under Bilateral Imperfect Competition between Processors and Retailers," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149582, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mounter, Stuart W. & Griffith, Garry R., 2011. "A pig in a poke? Accounting for uncertainty about elasticity values in an EDM of the Australian pig industry," Australasian Agribusiness Review, University of Melbourne, Melbourne School of Land and Environment, vol. 19.
- Joe Dewbre & Jes�s Ant�n & Wyatt Thompton, 2001. "The Transfer Efficiency and Trade Effects of Direct Payments," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1204-1214.
- Demont, Matty & Tollens, Eric, 2001. "Uncertainties Of Estimating The Welfare Effects Of Agricultural Biotechnology In The European Union," Working Papers 31828, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- X. Zhao & J.D. Mullen & G.R. Griffith & R.R. Piggott & W.E. Griffiths, 2002. "The Economic Incidence of R&D and Promotion Investments in the Australian Beef Industry," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 16/02, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.