The capital gap for small technology companies: public venture capital to the rescue?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
Venture capital; Early stage; Start-up; Public policy; Entrepreneurship; G24; L24;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vesa Kanniainen & Christian Keuschnigg, 2000.
"The Optimal Portfolio of Start-Up Firms in Venture Capital Finance,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
381, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kanniainen, Vesa & Keuschnigg, Christian, 2003. "The optimal portfolio of start-up firms in venture capital finance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 521-534, November.
- Kanniainen, V. & Keuschnigg, C., 2000. "The Optimal Portfolio of Start-up Firms in Venture Capital Finance," University of Helsinki, Department of Economics 486, Department of Economics.
- S. Manigart & V. Collewaert & M. Wright & S. Pruthi & A. Lockett & H. Bruining & U. Hommel & H. Landstrom, 2006.
"Human capital and the internationalization of venture capital firms,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
06/363, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Manigart, S. & Collewaert, V. & Wright, M. & Pruthi, S. & Lockett, A. & Bruining, H. & Hommel, U. & Landstrom, H., 2006. "Human capital and the internationalization of venture capital firms," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2006-01, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Da Rin, Marco & Nicodano, Giovanna & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2005.
"Public policy and the creation of active venture capital markets,"
Working Paper Series
0430, European Central Bank.
- Da Rin, Marco & Nicodano, Giovanna & Sembenelli, Alessandro, 2006. "Public policy and the creation of active venture capital markets," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1699-1723, September.
- Marco Da Rin & Giovanna Nicodano & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2004. "Public Policy and the Creation of Active Venture Capital Markets," Working Papers 270, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Da Rin, M. & Nicodano, G. & Sembenelli, A., 2006. "Public policy and the creation of active venture capital markets," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-192935, Tilburg University.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- Becker, Gary S, 1983. "A Theory of Competition among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400, August.
- Leleux, Benoit & Surlemont, Bernard, 2003. "Public versus private venture capital: seeding or crowding out? A pan-European analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 81-104, January.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murray, Gordon C. & Lott, Jonathan, 1995. "Have UK venture capitalists a bias against investment in new technology-based firms?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 283-299, March.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Laura Bottazzi & Marco Da Rin, 2002. "Venture capital in Europe and the financing of innovative companies," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 17(34), pages 229-270, 04.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.