Investment opportunity set, political connection and business policies of private enterprises in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting.
Volume (Year): 38 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990
Business policies; Investment opportunity; Political connection; Private enterprises; China; JEL classification G32;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- JEL - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- cla - - - - - -
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allen, Franklin & Qian, Jun & Qian, Meijun, 2005.
"Law, finance, and economic growth in China,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 57-116, July.
- MARA FACCIO & RONALD W. MASULIS & JOHN J. McCONNELL, 2006. "Political Connections and Corporate Bailouts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(6), pages 2597-2635, December.
- Hung-Gay Fung & Xiaoqing Eleanor Xu & Qi-Zi Zhang, 2007. "On The Financial Performance Of Private Enterprises In China," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(04), pages 399-414.
- Johnson, Simon & Mitton, Todd, 2003.
"Cronyism and capital controls: evidence from Malaysia,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 351-382, February.
- Simon Johnson & Todd Mitton, 2001. "Cronyism and Capital Controls: Evidence from Malaysia," NBER Working Papers 8521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, C.W. & Watts, R.L., 1992.
"The Investment Oppotunity set and Corporate Financing, Dividend and Compensation Policies,"
92-02, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Watts, Ross L., 1992. "The investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 263-292, December.
- Hutchinson, Marion & Gul, Ferdinand A., 2004. "Investment opportunity set, corporate governance practices and firm performance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 595-614, September.
- Harman, Harry H., 1976. "Modern Factor Analysis," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 3, number 9780226316529.
- Li, Hongbin & Meng, Lingsheng & Wang, Qian & Zhou, Li-An, 2008. "Political connections, financing and firm performance: Evidence from Chinese private firms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 283-299, October.
- Pedro García-Teruel & Pedro Martínez-Solano, 2010. "A dynamic perspective on the determinants of accounts payable," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 439-457, May.
- Baber, William R. & Janakiraman, Surya N. & Kang, Sok-Hyon, 1996. "Investment opportunities and the structure of executive compensation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 297-318, June.
- Anderson, Don & Francis, Jere R. & Stokes, Donald J., 1993. "Auditing, directorships and the demand for monitoring," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 353-375.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Lang, Larry H. P., 2000. "The separation of ownership and control in East Asian Corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 81-112.
- Gul, Ferdinand A., 1999. "Government share ownership, investment opportunity set and corporate policy choices in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 157-172, May.
- Gul, Ferdinand A., 1999. "Growth opportunities, capital structure and dividend policies in Japan," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 141-168, June.
- Taye Mengistae & Lixin Colin Xu, 2004. "Agency Theory and Executive Compensation: The Case of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(3), pages 615-638, July.
- Ho, Simon S. M. & Lam, Kevin C. K. & Sami, Heibatollah, 2004. "The investment opportunity set, director ownership, and corporate policies: evidence from an emerging market," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 383-408, June.
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Warner, Jerold B., 1979. "On financial contracting : An analysis of bond covenants," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 117-161, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.