Spending time together: the impact of children on couples’ leisure synchronization
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Economics of the Household.
Volume (Year): 9 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=109451
Time-use; Synchronization; Leisure; Child cost; Couple; J23; I31; D13;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charlene Kalenkoski & David Ribar & Leslie Stratton, 2007.
"The effect of family structure on parents’ child care time in the United States and the United Kingdom,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 353-384, December.
- Kalenkoski, Charlene M. & Ribar, David C. & Stratton, Leslie S., 2006. "The Effect of Family Structure on Parents' Child Care Time in the United States and the United Kingdom," IZA Discussion Papers 2441, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jerome Adda & Christian Dustmann & Costas Meghir & Jean-Marc Robin, 2009.
"Career progression and formal versus on-the-job training,"
IFS Working Papers
W09/06, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- J. Adda & C. Dustmann, 2005. "Career Progression and Formal versus On the Job Training," 2005 Meeting Papers 141, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jerome Adda & Christian Dustmann & Costas Meghir & Jean-Marc Robin, 2010. "Career progression and formal versus on-the-job training," IFS Working Papers W10/13, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Jerome Adda & Christian Dustmann & Costas Meghir & Jean-Marc Robin, 2006. "Career progression and formal versus on-the-job training," IFS Working Papers W06/16, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Adda, Jerome & Dustmann, Christian & Meghir, Costas & Robin, Jean-Marc, 2007. "Career Progression and Formal versus On-the-Job Training," CEPR Discussion Papers 6087, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adda & Dustmann, 2004. "Career Progression and Formal versus on the Job Training," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 492, Econometric Society.
- Adda, Jérôme & Dustmann, Christian & Meghir, Costas & Robin, Jean-Marc, 2006. "Career Progression and Formal versus On-the-Job Training," IZA Discussion Papers 2260, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Esping-Andersen, Gosta, 1999. "Social Foundations of Postindustrial Economies," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198742005.
- Hallberg, Daniel & Klevmarken, Anders, 2001.
"Time for Children, a Study of Parents’ Time Allocation,"
Working Paper Series
2001:21, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Hallberg & Anders Klevmarken, 2003. "Time for children: A study of parent's time allocation," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 205-226, 05.
- Hans Bloemen & Silvia Pasqua & Elena Stancanelli, 2010. "An empirical analysis of the time allocation of Italian couples: are they responsive?," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 345-369, September.
- repec:ese:iserwp:2003-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen P. Jenkins & Lars Osberg, 2003.
"Nobody to Play with?: The Implications of Leisure Coordination,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
368, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Osberg, Lars, 2003. "Nobody to Play With? The Implications of Leisure Coordination," IZA Discussion Papers 850, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cecile Lefèvre & Ariane Pailhé & Anne Solaz, 2007. "How do employers help employees reconcile work and family life?," Population and Societies 440, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Sylvie Lagarde & Jean-David Fermanian, 1999. "Les horaires de travail dans le couple," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 321(1), pages 89-110.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2002.
"Timing, togetherness and time windfalls,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 601-623.
- Van Klaveren, Chris & Maassen van den Brink, Henriette & Van Praag, Bernard, 2006. "The influence of work time adjustment on joint activities and the demand for child care," MPRA Paper 1213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hallberg, Daniel, 2002.
"Synchronous Leisure, Jointness and Household Labor Supply,"
Working Paper Series
2002:11, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Hallberg, Daniel, 2003. "Synchronous leisure, jointness and household labor supply," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 185-203, April.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2000. "Togetherness: Spouses' Synchronous Leisure, and the Impact of Children," NBER Working Papers 7455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rachel Connelly & Jean Kimmel, 2009.
"Spousal influences on parents’ non-market time choices,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 361-394, December.
- Connelly, Rachel & Kimmel, Jean, 2007. "Spousal Influences on Parents' Non-Market Time Choices," IZA Discussion Papers 2894, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Douglas Dalenberg & John Fitzgerald & Eric Schuck & John Wicks, 2004. "How Much Is Leisure Worth? Direct Measurement with Contingent Valuation," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 351-365, 08.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1999. "The Timing of Work over Time," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(452), pages 37-66, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.