Optimal expansion of the power transmission grid: why not?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
Electric power transmission grid expansion; Incentives; Regulation; L52; L94;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hogan, William W, 1992. "Contract Networks for Electric Power Transmission," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 211-42, September.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2006.
"Electricity Transmission Pricing and Performance-based Regulation,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 97-126.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2005. "Electricity Transmission Pricing and Performance-Based Regulation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1474, CESifo Group Munich.
- Paul L. Joskow & Richard Schmalensee, 1988. "Markets for Power: An Analysis of Electrical Utility Deregulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262600188, December.
- Felix Höffler & Sebastian Kranz, 2007. "Legal Unbundling can be a Golden Mean between Vertical Integration and Separation," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse15_2007, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Vogelsang, Ingo, 2001. "Price Regulation for Independent Transmission Companies," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 141-65, September.
- Pollitt, Michael, 2008.
"The arguments for and against ownership unbundling of energy transmission networks,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 704-713, February.
- Pollitt, M., 2007. "The arguments for and against ownership unbundling of energy transmission networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0737, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bushnell, James B & Stoft, Steven E, 1996. "Electric Grid Investment under a Contract Network Regime," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 61-79, July.
- Kirby, Brendan & Hirst, Eric, 1999. "Maintaining Transmission Adequacy in the Future," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 62-72, November.
- Glachant, Jean-Michel & Pignon, Virginie, 2005. "Nordic congestion's arrangement as a model for Europe? Physical constraints vs. economic incentives," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 153-162, June.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2005.
"Patterns of Transmission Investment,"
0504, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Bushnell, James B. & Stoft, Steven E., 1997.
"Improving private incentives for electric grid investment,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 85-108, March.
- Bushnell, James & Stoft, Steven, 1997. "Improving Private Incentives for Electric Grid Investment," Staff General Research Papers 31549, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Joskow, Paul & Tirole, Jean, 2004.
"Merchant Transmission Investment,"
IDEI Working Papers
263, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Working Papers 0304, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," NBER Working Papers 9534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joskow, P. & Tirole, J., 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0324, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Leautier, Thomas-Olivier, 2001. "Transmission Constraints and Imperfect Markets for Power," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 27-54, January.
- Thomas-Olivier Leautier, 2000. "Regulation of an Electric Power Transmission Company," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 61-92.
- Littlechild, S.C. & Skerk, C.J., 2004. "Regulation of transmission expansion in Argentina Part I: State ownership, reform and the Fourth Line," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0464, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Cédric Clastres & Catherine Locatelli, 2012. "European Union energy security: the challenges of liberalisation in a risk-prone international environment Society," Post-Print halshs-00787123, HAL.
- Felix Höffler & Achim Wambach, 2013. "Investment coordination in network industries: the case of electricity grid and electricity generation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 287-307, December.
- Jacques Pelkmans & Lionel Kapff, 2010. "Interconnector Investment for a Well-functioning Internal Market. What EU regime of regulatory incentives?," Bruges European Economic Research Papers 18, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- de Nooij, Michiel, 2011. "Social cost-benefit analysis of electricity interconnector investment: A critical appraisal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3096-3105, June.
- Jean-Michel Glachant, 2009.
"Regulating Networks in the New Economy,"
RSCAS Working Papers
2009/05, European University Institute.
- Littlechild, S., 2011.
"Merchant and Regulated Transmission: Theory, Evidence and Policy,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1160, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Stephen Littlechild, 2012. "Merchant and regulated transmission: theory, evidence and policy," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 308-335, December.
- Höffler, Felix & Wambach, Achim, 2013. "Investment Coordination in Network Industries: The Case of Electricity Grid and Electricity," EWI Working Papers 2013-12, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln.
- Michiel de Nooij, 2010. "Social cost benefit analysis of interconnector investment: A critical appraisal," Bremen Energy Working Papers 0002, Bremer Energie Institut.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.