Measuring efficiency under fixed proportion technologies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 35 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Fixed proportion technology; Data envelopment analysis; Efficiency measurement; Nonsubstitutable inputs; Nonsubstitutable outputs; C14; C61;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Subhash Ray, 2004.
"Are Some Indian Bank Too Large? A Examination of Size Efficiency in Indian Banking,"
2004-28, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Subhash Ray, 2007. "Are some Indian banks too large? An examination of size efficiency in Indian banking," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Peter Grösche, 2009.
"Measuring residential energy efficiency improvements with DEA,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 87-94, April.
- Peter Grösche, 2008. "Measuring Residential Energy Efficiency Improvements with DEA," Ruhr Economic Papers 0060, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- W. Cooper & L. Seiford & K. Tone & J. Zhu, 2007. "Some models and measures for evaluating performances with DEA: past accomplishments and future prospects," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 151-163, December.
- Casu, B. & Thanassoulis, E., 2006. "Evaluating cost efficiency in central administrative services in UK universities," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 417-426, October.
- Astrid Cullmann & Jürgen Apfelbeck & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006.
"Efficiency Analysis of East European Electricity Distribution in Transition: Legacy of the Past?,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
553, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Astrid Cullmann & Christian Hirschhausen, 2008. "Efficiency analysis of East European electricity distribution in transition: legacy of the past?," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 155-167, April.
- Cevdet Denizer & Mustafa Dinc & Murat Tarimcilar, 2007. "Financial liberalization and banking efficiency: evidence from Turkey," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 177-195, June.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui & Janakiraman, Surya N. & Konstans, Constantine, 2004. "A balanced scorecard analysis of performance metrics," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 423-436, April.
- Léopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: The State of the Art,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 49-78, January.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1999. "Statistical Inference in Nonparametric Frontier Models: the State of the Art," Papers 9904, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Karlaftis, Matthew G., 2004. "A DEA approach for evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of urban transit systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(2), pages 354-364, January.
- Torben Holvad & Jens Hougaard & Dorte Kronborg & Hans Kvist, 2004. "Measuring inefficiency in the Norwegian bus industry using multi-directional efficiency analysis," Transportation, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 349-369, August.
- Bruce Hollingsworth, 2008. "The measurement of efficiency and productivity of health care delivery," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1107-1128.
- Karlaftis, Matthew G. & McCarthy, Patrick, 2002. "Cost structures of public transit systems: a panel data analysis," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Poh, K.L., 2008. "A survey of data envelopment analysis in energy and environmental studies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 189(1), pages 1-18, August.
- Jens Leth Hougaard, 2004. "A Simple Approximation of Productivity Scores of Fuzzy Production Plans," Discussion Papers 04-24, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- O. Olesen & N. Petersen, 2009. "Target and technical efficiency in DEA: controlling for environmental characteristics," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 27-40, August.
- Natsuko Iwasaki & Victor Tremblay, 2009. "The effect of marketing regulations on efficiency: LeChatelier versus coordination effects," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 41-54, August.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 2008. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency and Productivity Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183528, September.
- Fox, Kevin J., 1999. "Efficiency at different levels of aggregation: public vs. private sector firms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 173-176, November.
- Laurens Cherchye & Wim Moesen & Nicky Rogge & Tom Van Puyenbroeck & Michaela Saisana & A. Saltelli & R. Liska & S. Tarantola, 2006. "Creating Composite Indicators with DEA and Robustness Analysis: the case of the Technology Achievement Index," Public Economics Working Paper Series ces0613, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Working Group Public Economics.
- Genius, Margarita & Stefanou, Spiro E. & Tzouvelekas, Vangelis, 2012. "Measuring productivity growth under factor non-substitution: An application to US steam-electric power generation utilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 844-852.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.