Nothing for something? Estimating cost and value for beneficiaries from recent medicare spending increases on HMO payments and drug benefits
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106603
Medicare; HMO payment; Choice models; Welfare; I 11; I 18;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Louise Sheiner & David M. Cutler, 2000.
"Generational Aspects of Medicare,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 303-307, May.
- Harvey S. Rosen & Kenneth A. Small, 1979.
"Applied Welfare Economics with Discrete Choice Models,"
NBER Working Papers
0319, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Small, Kenneth A & Rosen, Harvey S, 1981. "Applied Welfare Economics with Discrete Choice Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 105-30, January.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-90, July.
- Mark V. Pauly & Yuhui Zeng, 2003. "Adverse Selection and the Challenges to Stand-Alone Prescription Drug Insurance," NBER Working Papers 9919, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trajtenberg, Manuel, 1989. "The Welfare Analysis of Product Innovations, with an Application to Computed Tomography Scanners," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(2), pages 444-79, April.
- Nevo, Aviv, 2001.
"Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 307-42, March.
- Aviv Nevo, 2003. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Microeconomics 0303006, EconWPA.
- Aviv Nevo, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," NBER Working Papers 6387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Research Reports 25164, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1998. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-To-Eat Cereal Industry," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 037, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Nevo, Aviv, 1999. "Measuring Market Power in the Ready-to-Eat Cereal Industry," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt7cm5p858, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Feldman, Roger, 1994. "The Welfare Economics of a Health Plan Merger," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 67-86, February.
- Steven D. Pizer & Austin B. Frakt & Roger Feldman, 2008. "Predicting risk selection following major changes in medicare," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 453-468.
- Jack, William & Sheiner, Louise, 1997. "Welfare-Improving Health Expenditure Subsidies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 206-21, March.
- Town, Robert & Liu, Su, 2003. " The Welfare Impact of Medicare HMOs," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 719-36, Winter.
- John Cawley & Michael Chernew & Catherine McLaughlin, 2005. "HMO Participation in Medicare+Choice," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 543-574, 09.
- Kyoungrae Jung & Roger Feldman & A. McBean, 2014. "Demand for prescription drugs under non-linear pricing in Medicare Part D," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 19-40, March.
- Pizer, Steven D. & Prentice, Julia C., 2011. "Time is money: Outpatient waiting times and health insurance choices of elderly veterans in the United States," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 626-636, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.