Rethinking governmental licensing of higher education institutions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal European Journal of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100264
Accreditation; Certification; Higher education; Licensing; Quality assurance; D18; D45; H11; I28; K20;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Rationing; Licensing
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- K20 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schwartz, Alan & Wilde, Louis L., . "Intervening in Markets on the Basis of Imperfect Information: A Legal and Economic Analysis," Working Papers 235, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-29, March-Apr.
- Morris M. Kleiner, 2000. "Occupational Licensing," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 189-202, Fall.
- Cave, Martin & Dodsworth, Ruth & Thompson, David, 1992. "Regulatory Reform in Higher Education in the UK: Incentives for Efficiency and Product Quality," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 79-102, Summer.
- Ogus, Anthony & Zhang, Qing, 2005. "Licensing Regimes east and West," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 124-142, March.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-54, July/Aug..
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1973. "Where Are We in the Theory of Information?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 31-39, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.