Do Not-For-Profits Make a Difference in Social Services? A Survey Study
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal De Economist.
Volume (Year): 155 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100260
firm organisation; legal status; non-profit organisations; public enterprise; L22; L3;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Heckman & Carolyn Heinrich & Jeffrey Smith, 2002.
"The Performance of Performance Standards,"
NBER Working Papers
9002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Blau & H. Naci Mocan, 1999.
"The Supply of Quality in Child Care Centers,"
NBER Working Papers
7225, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark G. Duggan, 2000.
"Hospital Ownership And Public Medical Spending,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1343-1373, November.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
NBER Working Papers
6810, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Not-For-Profit Entrepreneurs," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1852, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Lakdawalla, Darius & Philipson, Tomas, 2006. "The nonprofit sector and industry performance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1681-1698, September.
- Dranove, David & Ludwick, Richard, 1999. "Competition and pricing by nonprofit hospitals: a reassessment of Lynk's analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 87-98, January.
- William D. Spector & Thomas M. Selden & Joel W. Cohen, 1998. "The impact of ownership type on nursing home outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(7), pages 639-653.
- Christopher J. Ruhm & Carey Borkoski, 2003.
"Compensation in the Nonprofit Sector,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(4).
- Sloan, Frank A., 2000. "Not-for-profit ownership and hospital behavior," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1141-1174 Elsevier.
- David M. Cutler & Jill Horwitz, 2000. "Converting Hospitals from No t-for-Profit to For-Profit Status Why and What Effects?," NBER Chapters, in: The Changing Hospital Industry: Comparing For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Institutions, pages 45-90 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mocan, Naci & Tekin, Erdal, 2001.
"Nonprofit Sector and Part-Time Work: An Analysis of Employer-Employee Matched Data of Child Care Workers,"
IZA Discussion Papers
408, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- H. Naci Mocan & Erdal Tekin, 2003. "Nonprofit Sector and Part-Time Work: An Analysis of Employer-Employee Matched Data on Child Care Workers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 38-50, February.
- H. Naci Mocan & Erdal Tekin, 2000. "Nonprofit Sector and Part-Time Work: An Analysis of Employer-Employee Matched Data of Child Care Workers," NBER Working Papers 7977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre Koning & JoÃ«lle Noailly & Sabine Visser, 2007. "Do non-profits make a difference? Evaluating non-profit vis-Ã -vis for-profit organisations in social services," CPB Document 142, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Yu-Chu Shen & Karen Eggleston & Joseph Lau & Christopher Schmid, 2005. "Hospital Ownership and Financial Performance: A Quantitative Research Review," NBER Working Papers 11662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank A. Sloan & Gabriel A. Picone & Donald H. Taylor, Jr. & Shin-Yi Chou, 1998.
"Hospital Ownership and Cost and Quality of Care: Is There a Dime's Worth of Difference?,"
NBER Working Papers
6706, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Picone, Gabriel A. & TaylorJr., Donald H. & Chou, Shin-Yi, 2001. "Hospital ownership and cost and quality of care: is there a dime's worth of difference?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Picone, Gabriel A. & Taylor, Donald H., Jr. & Chou, Shin-Yi, 2000. "Hospital Ownership and Cost and Quality of Care: Is There a Dime's Worth of Difference?," Working Papers 00-11, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A., 2003. "Competitive spillovers across non-profit and for-profit nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Lynk, William J, 1995. "Nonprofit Hospital Mergers and the Exercise of Market Power," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(2), pages 437-61, October.
- Karen Eggleston & Yu-Chu Shen & Joseph Lau & Christopher H. Schmid & Jia Chan, 2006. "Hospital Ownership and Quality of Care: What Explains the Different Results?," NBER Working Papers 12241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Jill R. Horwitz, 1998. "Converting Hospitals from Not-for-profit to For-profit Status," NBER Working Papers 6672, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward Nissan & Maria-Soledad Castaño & Inmaculada Carrasco, 2012. "Drivers of non-profit activity: a cross-country analysis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 303-320, April.
- Pierre Koning, 2007. "Non-profit provision of job training and mediation services; an empirical analysis using contract data of job training service providers," CPB Discussion Paper 94, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.