Estimation of VAR Models: Computational Aspects
AbstractThe Vector Autoregressive (VAR) model with zero coefficient restrictions can be formulated as a Seemingly Unrelated Regression Equation (SURE) model. Both the response vectors and the coefficient matrix of the regression equations comprise columns from a Toeplitz matrix. Efficient numerical and computational methods which exploit the Toeplitz and Kronecker product structure of the matrices are proposed. The methods are also adapted to provide numerically stable algorithms for the estimation of VAR(p) models with Granger-caused variables.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 21 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1_2 (02)
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kontoghiorghes, E. J. & Clarke, M. R. B., 1995. "An alternative approach for the numerical solution of seemingly unrelated regression equations models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 369-377, April.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Foschi, Paolo & Belsley, David A. & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2003. "A comparative study of algorithms for solving seemingly unrelated regressions models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 3-35, October.
- Gatu, Cristian & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2006. "Estimating all possible SUR models with permuted exogenous data matrices derived from a VAR process," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 721-739, May.
- Gatu, Cristian & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J. & Gilli, Manfred & Winker, Peter, 2008. "An efficient branch-and-bound strategy for subset vector autoregressive model selection," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1949-1963, June.
- Godolphin, J.D., 2009. "New formulations for recursive residuals as a diagnostic tool in the fixed-effects linear model with design matrices of arbitrary rank," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2119-2128, April.
- Foschi, Paolo & Kontoghiorghes, Erricos J., 2003. "Estimating seemingly unrelated regression models with vector autoregressive disturbances," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 27-44, October.
- Blumenstock, Hendrik & von Grone, Udo & Mehlhorn, Marc & Merkl, Johannes & Pietz, Marcus, 2012. "Einflussfaktoren von CDS-Spreads als Maß für das aktuelle Bonitätsrisiko: Liefert das Rating eine Erklärung?," Bayreuth Working Papers on Finance, Accounting and Taxation (FAcT-Papers) 2012-03, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Finance and Banking.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.