Connecting National Safety Nets: The Dialectics of the Basel II Contracting Process
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 10A Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63108-1502 U.S.A.
Phone: (314) 454-0100
Fax: (314) 454-9109
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Basel II; Bank regulation; Financial safety net; G21; G28; G38;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- María J. Nieto & Larry D. Wall, 2006. "Preconditions for a successful implementation of supervisors' prompt corrective action: Is there a case for a banking standard in the European Union?," Working Paper 2006-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Edward J. Kane, 2007.
"Basel II: a contracting perspective,"
1042, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1998.
"Foundations of Incomplete Contracts,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1846, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- John Pattison, 2006. "International Financial Cooperation and the Number of Adherents: The Basel Committee and Capital Regulation," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 443-458, December.
- Robert A. Eisenbeis, 2006. "Home country versus cross-border negative externalities in large banking organization failures and how to avoid them," Working Paper 2006-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2007:i:may:p:396-414 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rasmusen Eric Bennett, 2001. "Explaining Incomplete Contracts as the Result of Contract-Reading Costs," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-39, October.
- Richard Herring, 2007. "The Rocky Road to Implementation of Basel II in the United States," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 35(4), pages 411-429, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.