The Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problem with Linked Lot Sizes
AbstractIn this paper a new mixed integer programming (MIP) model formulation and its incorporation into a time-oriented decomposition heuristic for the capacitated lot-sizing problem with linked lot sizes (CLSPL) is proposed. The solution approach is based on an extended model formulation and valid inequalities to yield a tight formulation. Extensive computational tests prove the capability of this approach and show a superior solution quality with respect to other solution algorithms published so far.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 49 (2003)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Lot-Sizing; MIP; Valid Inequalities; CLSPL;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helber, Stefan & Sahling, Florian, 2010.
"A fix-and-optimize approach for the multi-level capacitated lot sizing problem,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 247-256, February.
- Helber, Stefan & Sahling, Florian, 2008. "A Fix-and-Optimize Approach for the Multi-Level Capacitated Lot Sizing Problems," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-393, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Sahling, Florian & Buschkühl, Lisbeth & Tempelmeier, Horst & Helber, Stefan, 2008. "Solving a Multi-Level Capacitated Lot Sizing Problem with Multi-Period Setup Carry-Over via a Fix-and-Optimize Heuristic," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-400, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Jenny Carolina Saldaña Cortés, 2011. "Programación semidefinida aplicada a problemas de cantidad económica de pedido," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 008735, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Yavuz, Mesut & Tufekci, Suleyman, 2006. "A bounded dynamic programming solution to the batching problem in mixed-model just-in-time manufacturing systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 841-862, October.
- Jans, R.F. & Degraeve, Z., 2005. "Modeling Industrial Lot Sizing Problems: A Review," Research Paper ERS-2005-049-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Tempelmeier, Horst & Buschkühl, Lisbeth, 2008. "Dynamic multi-machine lotsizing and sequencing with simultaneous scheduling of a common setup resource," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 401-412, May.
- Kampf, M. & Kochel, P., 2006. "Simulation-based sequencing and lot size optimisation for a production-and-inventory system with multiple items," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 191-200, November.
- Awi Federgruen & Joern Meissner & Michal Tzur, 2002. "Progressive Interval Heuristics for Multi-Item Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problems," Working Papers MRG/0001, Department of Management Science, Lancaster University, revised Nov 2004.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.