The Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problem with Linked Lot Sizes
AbstractIn this paper a new mixed integer programming (MIP) model formulation and its incorporation into a time-oriented decomposition heuristic for the capacitated lot-sizing problem with linked lot sizes (CLSPL) is proposed. The solution approach is based on an extended model formulation and valid inequalities to yield a tight formulation. Extensive computational tests prove the capability of this approach and show a superior solution quality with respect to other solution algorithms published so far.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 49 (2003)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Lot-Sizing; MIP; Valid Inequalities; CLSPL;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jenny Carolina Saldaña Cortés, 2011. "Programación semidefinida aplicada a problemas de cantidad económica de pedido," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 008735, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Awi Federgruen & Joern Meissner & Michal Tzur, 2002. "Progressive Interval Heuristics for Multi-Item Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problems," Working Papers MRG/0001, Department of Management Science, Lancaster University, revised Nov 2004.
- Helber, Stefan & Sahling, Florian, 2008.
"A Fix-and-Optimize Approach for the Multi-Level Capacitated Lot Sizing Problems,"
Hannover Economic Papers (HEP)
dp-393, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Helber, Stefan & Sahling, Florian, 2010. "A fix-and-optimize approach for the multi-level capacitated lot sizing problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 247-256, February.
- Sahling, Florian & Buschkühl, Lisbeth & Tempelmeier, Horst & Helber, Stefan, 2008. "Solving a Multi-Level Capacitated Lot Sizing Problem with Multi-Period Setup Carry-Over via a Fix-and-Optimize Heuristic," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-400, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Tempelmeier, Horst & Buschkühl, Lisbeth, 2008. "Dynamic multi-machine lotsizing and sequencing with simultaneous scheduling of a common setup resource," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 401-412, May.
- Kampf, M. & Kochel, P., 2006. "Simulation-based sequencing and lot size optimisation for a production-and-inventory system with multiple items," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 191-200, November.
- Yavuz, Mesut & Tufekci, Suleyman, 2006. "A bounded dynamic programming solution to the batching problem in mixed-model just-in-time manufacturing systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 841-862, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.