Sequential macro-micro modelling with behavioural microsimulations
AbstractThis paper presents a sequential methodology that combines a macroeconomic CGE model with a behavioural microsimulation, illustrates the approach with applications, and discusses its merits and shortcomings. The microsimulation, based on a household income generation model, allows for incorporating individual fixed effects into macro-micro analysis. We argue that one of the main merits of the sequential approach is its flexibility. However, this flexibility comes at the cost of theoretical inconsistency.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Interational Microsimulation Association in its journal International Journal of Microsimulation.
Volume (Year): 3 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://ima.natsem.canberra.edu.au/index.htm
CGE model; behavioural microsimulation; applied model; developing countries;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrison, Glenn W. & Jones, Richard & Kimbell, Larry J. & Wigle, Randal, 1993. "How robust is applied general equilibrium analysis?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 99-115, February.
- Sherman, Robinson & Robilliard, Anne-Sophie & Bourguignon, François, 2005.
"Representative versus real households in the macro-economic modelling of inequality,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/4535, Paris Dauphine University.
- François Bourguignon & Anne-Sophie Robilliard & Sherman Robinson, 2003. "Representative versus real households in the macro-economic modeling of inequality," Working Papers DT/2003/10, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- François Bourguignon & Anne-Sophie Robilliard & Sherman Robinson, 2003. "Representative versus real households in the macro-economic modeling of inequality," DELTA Working Papers 2003-05, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Denis Cogneau, 2001.
"Formation du revenu, segmentation et discrimination sur le marché du travail d'une ville en développement : Antananarivo fin de siècle,"
DT/2001/18, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Cogneau, Denis, 2001. "Formation du revenu, segmentation et discrimination sur le marché du travail d’une ville en développement : Antananarivo fin de siècle," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4584, Paris Dauphine University.
- Cogneau, Denis & Robilliard, Anne-Sophie, 2000. "Growth, distribution and poverty in Madagascar," TMD discussion papers 61, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ann Harrison, 2006.
"Globalization and Poverty,"
NBER Working Papers
12347, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sahn,David E. & Dorosh,Paul A. & Younger,Stephen D., 1999. "Structural Adjustment Reconsidered," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521665131, December.
- Robilliard, Anne-Sophie & Robinson, Sherman, 1999.
"Reconciling household surveys and national accounts data using a cross entropy estimation method:,"
TMD discussion papers
50, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Anne-Sophie Robilliard & Sherman Robinson, 2003. "Reconciling Household Surveys and National Accounts Data Using a Cross Entropy Estimation Method," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 49(3), pages 395-406, 09.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Lay, Jann & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2006. "Structural change and poverty reduction in Brazil : the impact of the Doha Round," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3833, The World Bank.
- Creedy, John & Duncan, Alan, 2002. " Behavioural Microsimulation with Labour Supply Responses," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 1-39, February.
- Giulia Colombo, 2010. "Linking CGE and microsimulation models: a comparison of different approaches," International Journal of Microsimulation, Interational Microsimulation Association, vol. 3(1), pages 72-91.
- Maheshwar Rao & Robert Tanton & Yogi Vidyattama, 2013. "‘A Systems Approach to Analyse the Impacts of Water Policy Reform in the Murray-Darling Basin: a conceptual and an analytical framework’," NATSEM Working Paper Series 13/22, University of Canberra, National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gijs Dekkers).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.