Determining the Exogeneity of Tax Components with Respect to GDP
AbstractIn this study we examine the relationship between tax revenues and GDP for Turkey for the period from 2004.Q1 to 2012.Q1. The effectiveness of tax components on GDP are investigated by using Johansen and Juselius (1990) cointegration and Granger Causality test. According to our findings, the main categories of taxes are cointegrated with GDP but the sub categories are not. This results means that more than optimal level of tax is collecting in some sub categories. When determined these sub categories, we have found as result that policy makers should increase Withholding Income Tax. When consider Special Consumption Tax, except Tobacco and Alcohol Products’ SCT, all categories of Special Consumption Tax should be increased.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences in its journal International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal
Saudi Banking Efficiency; Saudi Financial System; data Envelopment Analysis; Technical Efficiency; Scale Efficiency;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mehmet Serkan Tosun & Sohrab Abizadeh, 2005. "Economic growth and tax components: an analysis of tax changes in OECD," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(19), pages 2251-2263.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2002.
"Separation, Weak Exogeneity and P-T Decomposition in Cointegrated VAR Systems with Common Features,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
660, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2002. "Separation, Weak Exogeneity, And P-T Decomposition In Cointegrated Var Systems With Common Features," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 273-307.
- Katircioglu, Salih Turan, 2010. "Is There A Long-Run Relationship Between Taxation And Growth: The Case Of Turkey," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 99-106, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.