The pre-commitment approach in a model of regulatory banking capital
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in its journal Economic Quarterly.
Volume (Year): (1997)
Issue (Month): Win ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew Atkeson & Robert E Lucas, 2010.
"On Efficient Distribution with Private Information,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2179, David K. Levine.
- Atkeson, Andrew & Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1992. "On Efficient Distribution with Private Information," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 427-53, July.
- John Christensen, 1981. "Communication in Agencies," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 661-674, Autumn.
- Chan, Yuk-Shee & Greenbaum, Stuart I & Thakor, Anjan V, 1992.
" Is Fairly Priced Deposit Insurance Possible?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 227-45, March.
- Paul H. Kupiec & James M. O'Brien, 1995. "Recent developments in bank capital regulation of market risks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Giammarino, Ronald M & Lewis, Tracy R & Sappington, David E M, 1993.
" An Incentive Approach to Banking Regulation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1523-42, September.
- Besanko, David & Kanatas, George, 1996. "The Regulation of Bank Capital: Do Capital Standards Promote Bank Safety?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 160-183, April.
- Christopher Phelan & Robert M Townsend, 2010.
"Computing Multi-Period, Information Constrained Optima,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
117, David K. Levine.
- Phelan, Christopher & Townsend, Robert M, 1991. "Computing Multi-period, Information-Constrained Optima," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(5), pages 853-81, October.
- Phelan, C. & Townsend, R.M., 1990. "Computing Multiperiod, Information-Constrained Optima," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 90-13, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Kenneth Spong, 2000.
"Banking regulation : its purposes, implementation, and effects,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 2000bria, December.
- Kenneth Spong, 1994. "Banking regulation : its purpose, implementation, and effects," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 1994bria, December.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1986.
"Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 614-41, June.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Methods and Problems in Business Cycle Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 696-715, November.
- David Marshall & Subu Venkataraman, 1996. "Bank capital for market risk: a study in incentive compatible regulation," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Apr.
- David Marshall & Subu Venkataraman, 1997. "Bank capital standards for market risk: a welfare analysis," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation WP-97-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Rossignolo, Adrián F. & Fethi, Meryem Duygun & Shaban, Mohamed, 2013. "Market crises and Basel capital requirements: Could Basel III have been different? Evidence from Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain (PIGS)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1323-1339.
- Shuji Kobayakawa, 1998. "Designing incentive-compatible regulation in banking: the role of penalty in the precommitment approach," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 145-153.
- Jezabel Couppey, 2000. "Vers un nouveau schéma de réglementation prudentielle : une contribution au débat," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 56(1), pages 37-56.
- Arupratan Daripa & Simone Varotto, 1997. "Agency Incentives and Reputational Distortions: a Comparison of the Effectiveness of Value-at-Risk and Pre-commitment in Regulating Market Risk," Bank of England working papers 69, Bank of England.
- A.W.A. Boot & S. Dezelan & T.T. Milbourn, 2000. "Regulation and the Evolution of the Financial Services Industry," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 50, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Marshall, David A. & Prescott, Edward Simpson, 2001.
"Bank capital regulation with and without state-contingent penalties,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 139-184, June.
- David A. Marshall & Edward S. Prescott, 2000. "Bank capital regulation with and without state-contingent penalties," Working Paper Series WP-00-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- João A. C. Santos, 2000. "Bank capital regulation in contemporary banking theory: a review of the literature," BIS Working Papers 90, Bank for International Settlements.
- Arupratan Daripa & Simone Varotto, 1998. "Value at risk and precommitment: approaches to market risk regulation," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 137-143.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William Perkins).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.