A Classroom Guide to the Equilibrium Exchange Rate Model
AbstractThe article presents a classroom-suited version of the equilibrium exchange rate model of Stockman (1987) that features Cobb-Douglas functional forms for both production and utility, and considers foreign exchange intervention explicitly.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economic Issues in its journal Economic Issues.
Volume (Year): 7 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Other versions of this item:
- Sergio Da Silva, 2004. "Classroom Guide to the Equilibrium Exchange Rate Model," International Finance 0405019, EconWPA.
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1982. "Interest rates and currency prices in a two-country world," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 335-359.
- V.V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 1998.
"Can sticky price models generate volatile and persistent real exchange rates?,"
223, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Chari, V V & Kehoe, Patrick J & McGrattan, Ellen R, 2002. "Can Sticky Price Models Generate Volatile and Persistent Real Exchange Rates?," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(3), pages 533-63, July.
- V. V Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2002. "Can Sticky Price Models Generate Volatile and Persistent Real Exchange Rates?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(3), pages 533-563.
- V.V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2000. "Can Sticky Price Models Generate Volatile and Persistent Real Exchange Rates?," NBER Working Papers 7869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V.V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 2002. "Can sticky price models generate volatile and persistent real exchange rates?," Staff Report 277, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti, 1997.
"Welfare and Macroeconomic Interdependence,"
NBER Working Papers
6307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stockman, Alan C. & Stockman, Alan C., 1983. "Real exchange rates under alternative nominal exchange-rate systems," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 147-166, August.
- Mark P. Taylor, 1995. "The Economics of Exchange Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 13-47, March.
- Alan C. Stockman, 1978.
"A Theory of Exchange Rate Determination,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
122, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Svensson, Lars E. O., 1985. "Currency prices, terms of trade, and interest rates: A general equilibrium asset-pricing cash-in-advance approach," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 17-41, February.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-76, December.
- Guilherme, Moura & Sergio, Da Silva, 2006. "Testing the Equilibrium Exchange Rate Model - Updated," MPRA Paper 1871, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sergio Da Silva & Leandro Stocco & J. Anchieta Neves, 2008. "Is Mercosur an optimum currency area? An assessment using generalized purchasing power parity," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(29), pages 1-13.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2008:i:29:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hiroya Akiba & Yukihiro Iida & Yoshihiro Kitamura, 2009. "The optimal exchange rate regime for a small country," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 315-343, October.
- Neves, J. Anchieta & Stocco, Leandro & Da Silva, Sergio, 2007. "Is Mercosur an optimum currency area?," MPRA Paper 2758, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sergio Da Silva, 2004. "International Finance, Levy Distributions, and the Econophysics of Exchange Rates," International Finance 0405018, EconWPA.
- Luo, Robin & Visaltanachoti, Nuttawat, 2010. "Real exchange rates, asset prices and terms of trade: A theoretical analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 143-151, January.
- Da Silva, Sergio & Nunes, Mauricio, 2007. "Latin American foreign exchange intervention - Updated," MPRA Paper 1982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guilherme Moura & Sergio Da Silva, 2005. "Testing the Equilibrium Exchange Rate Model," International Finance 0505018, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan Wheatley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.