Accessing Modern Science: Policy and Institutional Options for Agricultural Biotechnology in Developing Countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pray, Carl E. & Umali-Deininger, Dina, 1998. "The private sector in agricultural research systems: Will it fill the gap?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1127-1148, June.
- Rausser, Gordon & Simon, Leo & Ameden, Holly, 2000. "Public-private alliances in biotechnology: Can they narrow the knowledge gaps between rich and poor?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 499-513, August.
- Tripp, Robert, 2001. "Can biotechnology reach the poor? The adequacy of information and seed delivery," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 249-264, June.
- Fischer, Ken S., 2002. "Maintaining Access to Modern Science to Serve the Poor: A Case Study with Rice," Conference Proceedings 2002 123936, Crawford Fund.
- Díaz, Carolina Lasén, 2005. "Intellectual Property Rights and Biological Resources: An Overview of Key Issues and Current Debates," Wuppertal Papers 151, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Charles, Michael B. & Ryan, Rachel & Oloruntoba, Richard & Heidt, Tania von der & Ryan, Neal, 2009. "The EU-Africa Energy Partnership: Towards a mutually beneficial renewable transport energy alliance?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5546-5556, December.
- Eicher, Carl K. & Maredia, Karim & Sithole-Niang, Idah, 2005. "Biotechnology and the African Farmer," Staff Papers 11495, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Fernando, Estrada, 2013. "Ronald Coase 1910-2013, In memoriam," MPRA Paper 49558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ryan, James G., 2002. "Biotechnology and the Quest for Food Security: Panacea, Panoply or Palliative?," Conference Proceedings 2002 123929, Crawford Fund.
- Mekonnen, Dawit Kelemework & Spielman, David J. & Fonsah, Esendugue Greg, 2012. "Innovation Systems and Technical Efficiency in Developing-Country Agriculture," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119788, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Kremer, Michael & Zwane, Alix Peterson, 2005. "Encouraging Private Sector Research for Tropical Agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 87-105, January.
- Hall, Andy, 2006.
"Public private sector partnerships in an agricultural system of innovation: concepts and challenges,"
UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series
002, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Hall, Andy, 2006. "Public private sector partnerships in an agricultural system of innovation: concepts and challenges," MERIT Working Papers 002, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Spielman, David J., 2007. "Pro-poor agricultural biotechnology: Can the international research system deliver the goods?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 189-204, April.
- Spielman,David J. & Hartwich,Frank & von Grebmer, Klaus, 2007. "Sharing science, building bridges, and enhancing impact: Public-Private Partnerships in the CGIAR," IFPRI discussion papers 708, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Eaton, Derek J.F. & Tripp, Robert & Louwaars, Niels P., 2006. "The Effects of Strengthened IPR Regimes on the Plant Breeding Sector in Developing Countries," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25455, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pardey, Philip G. & James, Jennifer S. & Alston, Julian M. & Wood, Stanley & Koo, Bonwoo & Binenbaum, Eran & Hurley, Terrance M. & Glewwe, Paul & Mayer, Jorge & Jones, Richard & De Groote, Hugo & Kana, 2007. "Science, Technology and Skills," Reports 136256, University of Minnesota, International Science and Technology Practice and Policy.
- Johns, Timothy & Eyzaguirre, Pablo B., 2007. "Biofortification, biodiversity and diet: A search for complementary applications against poverty and malnutrition," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Anwar Naseem & David J. Spielman & Steven Were Omamo, 2010. "Private-sector investment in R&D: a review of policy options to promote its growth in developing-country agriculture," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 143-173.
- Eicher, Carl K. & Maredia, Karim & Sithole-Niang, Idah, 2006. "Crop biotechnology and the African farmer," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 504-527, December.
- Joanna Chataway, 2005. "Introduction: is it possible to create pro-poor agriculture-related biotechnology?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 597-610.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.