Developing Countries and the Globalization of Financial Markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 26 (1998)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael D. Bordo & Bruce Mizrach & Anna J. Schwartz, 1995. "Real Versus Pseudo-International Systemic Risk: Some Lessons from History," NBER Working Papers 5371, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillermo A. Calvo, 1995.
"Varieties of Capital-Market Crises,"
5721, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Guillermo A. Calvo, 1995. "Varieties of Capital-Market Crises," Research Department Publications, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department 4008, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1985. "What's different about banks?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 29-39, January.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980.
"Vehicle Currencies and the Structure of International Exchange,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(3), pages 513-26, August.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1979. "Vehicle Currencies And the Structure Of International Exchange," NBER Working Papers 0333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malcolm Knight & Norman Loayza & Delano Villanueva, 1993. "Testing the Neoclassical Theory of Economic Growth: A Panel Data Approach," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(3), pages 512-541, September.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis,
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983. "Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-19, June.
- Knight, Malcolm D, 1977. "Euro-Dollars, Capital Mobility and the Forward Exchange Market," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 44(173), pages 1-21, February.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980.
"Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society,
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-29, June.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999.
"The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996. "The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems," International Finance Discussion Papers, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) 544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- E. P. Davis, 2001. "Multiple Avenues of Intermediation, Corporate Finance and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 01/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Babinard, Julie & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Thomas, Marcelle, 2002. "Globalizing health benefits for developing countries," TMD discussion papers 108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gabriel Srour, 2004. "Economic Integration, Sectoral Diversification, and Exchange Rate Policy in a Developing Economy," IMF Working Papers 04/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Duo Qin, 1999. "How Much Did Excess Debt Contribute to the 1997 Currency Crisis in Korea?," Working Papers, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance 407, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Kleimeier, Stefanie & Versteeg, Roald, 2009.
"Project Finance as a Driver of Economic Growth in Low-Income Countries,"
011, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Kleimeier, Stefanie & Versteeg, Roald, 2010. "Project finance as a driver of economic growth in low-income countries," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 49-59, April.
- Eric Rugraff & Eric Rugraff, 1999. "Concurrence bancaire et Â« transition financiÃ¨re Â» dans les pays dâ€™Europe centrale : lâ€™apport des banques Ã©trangÃ¨res," Revue d'Ã‰conomie FinanciÃ¨re, Programme National PersÃ©e, Programme National PersÃ©e, vol. 55(5), pages 113-134.
- J Benson Durham, . "Econometrics of the Effects of Stock Market Development on Growth and Private Investment in Lower Income Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps53, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- J Benson Durham, . "Econometrics of the Real Effects of Cross-Border Capital Flows in Emerging Markets," QEH Working Papers qehwps52, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- J Benson Durham, . "A Survey of the Econometric Literature on the Real Effects of International Capital Flows in Lower Income Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps50, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Demir, Firat, 2004. "A Failure Story: Politics and Financial Liberalization in Turkey, Revisiting the Revolving Door Hypothesis," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 851-869, May.
- Komulainen, Tuomas, 1999. "Currency Crisis Theories â€“ Some Explanations for the Russian Case," BOFIT Discussion Papers, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition 1/1999, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Roland Gillet & Yves Wagner, 2002. "Les phÃ©nomÃ¨nes de globalisation," Reflets et perspectives de la vie Ã©conomique, De Boeck UniversitÃ©, De Boeck UniversitÃ©, vol. 0(1), pages 115-130.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.