Natural resources, national income, and economic growth in Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 23 (1995)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ram, Rati, 1987. "Exports and Economic Growth in Developing Countries: Evidence from Time-Series and Cross-Section Data," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 51-72, October.
- Ahmad, Jaleel & Kwan, Andy C. C., 1991. "Causality between exports and economic growth : Empirical evidence from Africa," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 243-248, November.
- Sheehey, Edmund J., 1993. "Exports as a factor of production: A consistency test," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 155-160, January.
- Dodaro, Santo, 1991. "Comparative advantage, trade and growth: Export-Led growth revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1153-1165, September.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-93, September.
- Moschos, Demetrios, 1989. "Export expansion, growth and the level of economic development: An empirical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 93-102, January.
- Bartelmus, P., 1992. "Accounting for sustainable growth and development," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 241-260, December.
- M. L. Weitzman, 1974.
"On the Welfare Significance of National Product in Dynamic Economy,"
125, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1976. "On the Welfare Significance of National Product in a Dynamic Economy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 156-62, February.
- Feder, Gershon, 1983. "On exports and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-2), pages 59-73.
- Heller, Peter S. & Porter, Richard C., 1978. "Exports and growth : An empirical re-investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 191-193, June.
- Lussier, Martine, 1993. "Impacts of Exports on Economic Performance: A Comparative Study," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 2(1), pages 106-27, May.
- Thomas Aronsson & Karl-Gustaf Löfgren, 1995. "National product related welfare measures in the presence of technological change: Externalities and uncertainty," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(4), pages 321-332, June.
- Hung, N. M., 1993. "Natural resources, national accounting, and economic depreciation: Stock effects," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 379-389, July.
- Fosu, Augustin Kwasi, 1990. "Exports and economic growth: The African case," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 831-835, June.
- Hartwick, John M., 1990.
"Natural resources, national accounting and economic depreciation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 291-304, December.
- John M. Hartwick, 1990. "Natural Resources, National Accounting and Economic Depreciation," Working Papers 771, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Ghura, Dhaneshwar & Grennes, Thomas J., 1993. "The real exchange rate and macroeconomic performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 155-174, October.
- Balassa, Bela, 1978. "Exports and economic growth : Further evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-189, June.
- Bartelmus, Peter & Stahmer, Carsten & van Tongeren, Jan, 1991. "Integrated Environmental and Economic Accounting: Framework for a SNA Satellite System," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(2), pages 111-48, June.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2004.
"Does the "Resource Curse" hold for Growth in Genuine Income as Well?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1627-1640, October.
- Eric Neumayer, 2003. "Does the ‘Resource Curse’ hold for Growth in Genuine Income as well?," Others 0312002, EconWPA, revised 18 May 2004.
- Stilwell, L. C. & Minnitt, R. C. A. & Monson, T. D. & Kuhn, G., 2000. "An input-output analysis of the impact of mining on the South African economy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 17-30, March.
- Mainardi, Stefano, 1995. "Mineral resources and growth : Toward a long-term convergence?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 155-168, September.
- Winter-Nelson, Alex, 1996. "Discount rates, natural resources, and the measurement of aggregate economic growth in Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 21-32, April.
- Baliamoune, Mina N., 2002. "Assessing the Impact of One Aspect of Globalization on Economic Growth in Africa," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.