A framework for the analysis of evolving patron-client ties in agrarian economies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 23 (1995)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Other versions of this item:
- Platteau, J.P., 1994. "A Framework for the Analysis of Evolving Patron-Client Ties In Agrarian Economies," Papers 140, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bliss, C. J. & Stern, N. H., 1982. "Palanpur: The Economy of an Indian Village," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284192.
- Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1992. "Labor-Service Tenancy Contracts in a Latin American Context," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1031-42, September.
- Bardhan, Pranab K, 1980. "Interlocking Factor Markets and Agrarian Development: A Review of Issues," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 82-98, March.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1986. "The new development economics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 257-265, February.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1985. "A Theory of Contractual Structure in Agriculture," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 352-67, June.
- Chao, Kang, 1983. "Tenure Systems in Traditional China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 295-314, January.
- Bardhan, Pranab K, 1983. "Labor-Tying in a Poor Agrarian Economy: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 501-14, August.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1992. "Limited liability and the existence of share tenancy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 203-220, January.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1989. "Nutrition, Dependants and the Mode of Wage Payment," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(4), pages 737-48, October.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Hayami, Yujiro, 1988. "Theories of Share Tenancy: A Critical Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(1), pages 31-68, October.
- Otsuka, Keijiro & Chuma, Hiroyuki & Hayami, Yujiro, 1993. "Permanent Labour and Land Tenancy Contracts in Agrarian Economies: An Integrated Analysis," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 57-77, February.
- Domar, Evsey D., 1970. "The Causes of Slavery or Serfdom: A Hypothesis," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 18-32, March.
- Feeny, David, 1989. "The Decline of Property Rights in Man in Thailand, 1800–1913," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(02), pages 285-296, June.
- Carnaje, Gideon P., 2007. "Contractual Arrangements in Philippine Fisheries," Discussion Papers DP 2007-22, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Grandvoinnet, Helene & Romani, Mattia, 2000. "State-community synergies in development : laying the basis for collective action," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2439, The World Bank.
- Azam Chaudhry & Kate Vyborny, 2013. "Patronage in Rural Punjab: Evidence from a New Household Survey Dataset," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(Special E), pages 183-209, September.
- Bene, Christophe, 2003. "When Fishery Rhymes with Poverty: A First Step Beyond the Old Paradigm on Poverty in Small-Scale Fisheries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 949-975, June.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Flore Gubert, 2007.
"Contingent Loan Repayment in the Philippines,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 633-667.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Flore Gubert, 2004. "Contingent Loan Repayment in the Philippines," Economics Series Working Papers 215, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Flore Gubert, 2002. "Contingent Loan Repayment in the Philippines," Working Papers DT/2002/14, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Gubert, Flore & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2007. "Contingent Loan Repayment in the Philippines," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4568, Paris Dauphine University.
- Petros G. Sekeris, 2008. "Preference Falsification and Patronage," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-18, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Yvan Guichaoua, 2006. "Non-protected Labour in one West African Capital: Characteristics of Jobs and Occupational Mobility in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire," Post-Print hal-00346651, HAL.
- Huysentruyt, Marieke & Barrett, Christopher B. & McPeak, John G., 2002. "Social Identity And Manipulative Interhousehold Transfers Among East African Pastoralists," Working Papers 14746, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Mahvish Shami, 2010. "Collective Action, Clientelism and Connectivity," IFRO Working Paper 2010/14, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Yvan Guichaoua (CRISE/QEH), . "Non-protected Labour in one West African Capital: Characteristics of Jobs and Occupational Mobility in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire," QEH Working Papers qehwps132, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.