Irreversible ecosystem change, species competition, and shifting cultivation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Resource and Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cramb, R. A., 1993. "Shifting cultivation and sustainable agriculture in East Malaysia: A longitudinal case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 209-226.
- Swallow, Stephen K., 1990. "Depletion of the environmental basis for renewable resources: The economics of interdependent renewable and nonrenewable resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 281-296, November.
- Barrett, Scott, 1991. "Optimal soil conservation and the reform of agricultural pricing policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 167-187, October.
- Albers, Heidi J., 1996. "Modeling Ecological Constraints on Tropical Forest Management: Spatial Interdependence, Irreversibility, and Uncertainty," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 73-94, January.
- Wilen, James & Brown, Gardner Jr., 1986. "Optimal recovery paths for perturbations of trophic level bioeconomic systems," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 225-234, September.
- Arrow, Kenneth J & Fisher, Anthony C, 1974. "Environmental Preservation, Uncertainty, and Irreversibility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 312-19, May.
- Krautkraemer, Jeffrey A., 1994. "Population growth, soil fertility, and agricultural intensification," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 403-428, August.
- Heidi Albers & Anthony Fisher & W. Hanemann, 1996. "Valuation and management of tropical forests," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(1), pages 39-61, July.
- Lynne, Gary D. & Conroy, Patricia & Prochaska, Frederick J., 1981. "Economic valuation of marsh areas for marine production processes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 175-186, June.
- Hyde, William F & Amacher, Gregory S & Magrath, William, 1996. "Deforestation and Forest Land Use: Theory, Evidence, and Policy Implications," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 223-48, August.
- Hartman, Richard, 1976. "The Harvesting Decision When a Standing Forest Has Value," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(1), pages 52-58, March.
- Narain, Urvashi & Hanemann, W. Michael & Fisher, Anthony C., 2004. "The Temporal Resolution of Uncertainty and the Irreversibility Effect," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7nn328qg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Pascual, Unai & Barbier, Edward B., 2003. "Modelling Land Degradation In Low-Input Agriculture: The 'Population Pressure Hypothesis' Revised," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25827, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Janssen, Marco A. & Anderies, John M. & Walker, Brian H., 2004. "Robust strategies for managing rangelands with multiple stable attractors," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 140-162, January.
- Simpson, R. David & Laxminarayan, Ramanan, 2000. "Biological Limits on Agricultural Intensification: An Example from Resistance Management," Discussion Papers dp-00-43, Resources For the Future.
- Pascual, Unai & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2006. "Poverty and environmental degradation under trade liberalization: searching for second-best policy options," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(12).
- Fisher, Anthony C., 2000. "Reflections on Irreversibility: Environmental Science and Environmental Economics," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2v25927n, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.