Plant location and strategic environmental policy with inter-sectoral linkages
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Resource and Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James R. Markusen & Edward R. Morey & Nancy Olewiler, 1991.
"Environmental Policy When Market Structure and Plant Locations are Endo-genous,"
NBER Working Papers
3671, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markusen James R. & Morey Edward R. & Olewiler Nancy D., 1993. "Environmental Policy when Market Structure and Plant Locations Are Endogenous," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 69-86, January.
- James R. Markusen, 1996.
"Costly Pollution Abatement, Competitiveness, and Plant Location Decisions,"
NBER Working Papers
5490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markusen, James R., 1997. "Costly pollution abatement, competitiveness and plant location decisions," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 299-320, November.
- Anthony J. Venables, 1993.
"Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0137, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1996. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(2), pages 341-59, May.
- Venables, Anthony J., 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 802, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rauscher, Michael, 1994. "On Ecological Dumping," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 822-40, Supplemen.
- Ulph, A. & Valentini, L., 1996. "Plant location and strategic environmental policy with inter-sectoral linkages," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9623, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Paul Krugman, 1990.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
NBER Working Papers
3275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kennedy Peter W., 1994. "Equilibrium Pollution Taxes in Open Economies with Imperfect Competition," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 49-63, July.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Schwab, Robert M., 1988. "Economic competition among jurisdictions: efficiency enhancing or distortion inducing?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 333-354, April.
- Anyangah, Joshua Okeyo, 2010. "Financing investment in environmentally sound technologies: Foreign direct investment versus foreign debt finance," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 456-475, August.
- Juan Bárcena-ruiz & María Garzón, 2003. "Strategic Environmental Standards, Wage Incomes and the Location of Polluting Firms," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(2), pages 121-139, February.
- T. Verbeke & M. De Clercq, 2003. "Environmental policy uncertainty, policy coordination and relocation decisions," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/208, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Sturm, Daniel & Ulph, Alistair, 2002. "Environment, trade, political economy and imperfect information: a survey," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0204, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Jayadevappa, Ravishankar & Chhatre, Sumedha, 2000. "International trade and environmental quality: a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 175-194, February.
- Paul Missios & Halis Murat Yildiz & Ida Ferrara, 2009. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Choice of Environmental Policy," Working Papers 004, Ryerson University, Department of Economics.
- Celik, Sule & Orbay, Benan Zeki, 2011. "Location choice under trade and environmental policies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1710-1715, July.
- Eerola, Essi, 2006. "International trade agreements, environmental policy, and relocation of production," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 333-350, November.
- Francesco Prota & Francesco Contò, 2004. "Location decision of polluting firms and environmental policy," ERSA conference papers ersa04p413, European Regional Science Association.
- Schmidt, Robert C. & Heitzig, Jobst, 2014. "Carbon leakage: Grandfathering as an incentive device to avert firm relocation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 209-223.
- Larson, Bruce A., 2002. "European Union Environmental Policies And Imports Of Agricultural Products From The United States," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19613, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Abe, Kenzo & Zhao, Laixun, 2005. "Endogenous international joint ventures and the environment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 221-240, September.
- Ulph, Alistair & Valentini, Laura, 2000. "Environmental regulation, multinational companies and international competitiveness," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0037, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Schmidt, Robert & Pollrich, Martin & Stiel, Caroline, 2013. "An optimal incentive contract to avert firm relocation under unilateral environmental regulation," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79741, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- MÃ©lanie HEUGUES, 2009. "Une nouvelle mise en perspective des problÃ¨mes environnementaux globaux dans le cas du changement climatique : les impacts de la complÃ©mentaritÃ© stratÃ©gique entre pays," Working Papers 249312, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Bárcena Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Garzón San Felipe, María Begoña, 2000. "Environmental Standards, Wage Incomes and the Location of Polluting Firms," BILTOKI 2000-04, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.