Fragmentation, competition, and limit orders: New evidence from interday spreads
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
Volume (Year): 38 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kini, Omesh & Mian, Shehzad, 1995. "Bid-Ask Spread and Ownership Structure," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(4), pages 401-14, Winter.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Tripathy, Niranjan & Peterson, Richard L, 1991. "The Relationship between OTC Bid-Ask Spreads and Dealer Size: The Impact of Order-Processing and Diversification Costs," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 117-27, Summer.
- McInish, Thomas H & Wood, Robert A, 1992. " An Analysis of Intraday Patterns in Bid/Ask Spreads for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 753-64, June.
- Tinic, Seha M, 1972. "The Economics of Liquidity Services," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 79-93, February.
- Benston, George J. & Hagerman, Robert L., 1974. "Determinants of bid-asked spreads in the over-the-counter market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 353-364, December.
- Miller, James M. & McConnell, John J., 1995. "Open-Market Share Repurchase Programs and Bid-Ask Spreads on the NYSE: Implications for Corporate Payout Policy," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 365-382, September.
- Hamilton, James L., 1987. "Market information and price dispersion: Unlisted stocks and NASDAQ," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 67-80, February.
- Venkatesh, P C, 1992. "Empirical Evidence on the Impact of the Bid-Ask Spread on the Characteristics of CRSP Daily Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(2), pages 113-25, Summer.
- Porter, David C., 1992. "The Probability of a Trade at the Ask: An Examination of Interday and Intraday Behavior," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 209-227, June.
- Porter, David C & Weaver, Daniel G, 1996. " Estimating Bid-Ask Spread Components: Specialist versus Multiple Market Maker Systems," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 167-80, March.
- Keim, Donald B., 1989. "Trading patterns, bid-ask spreads, and estimated security returns : The case of common stocks at calendar turning points," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 75-97, November.
- James L. Hamilton, 1995. "Anatomy Of Satellite Trading In The National Market System For Nyse-Listed Stocks," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(2), pages 189-206, 06.
- Hamilton, James L, 1991. "The Dealer and Market Concepts of Bid-Ask Spread: A Comparison for NASDAQ Stocks," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 129-39, Summer.
- Peterson, David R. & Peterson, Pamela P., 1994. "Variance increases following large stock distributions: the role of changing bid-ask spreads and true variances," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 199-206, January.
- Maddala, G. S. & Nimalendran, M., 1995. "An unobserved component panel data model to study the effect of earnings surprises on stock prices, trading volumes, and spreads," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 229-242, July.
- Biais, Bruno & Hillion, Pierre & Spatt, Chester, 1995. " An Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book and the Order Flow in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1655-89, December.
- Kee, H. Chung & McInish, Thomas H. & Wood, Robert A. & Wyhowski, Donald J., 1995. "Production of information, information asymmetry, and the bid-ask spread: Empirical evidence from analysts' forecasts," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1025-1046, September.
- Klemkosky, Robert C. & Conroy, Robert M., 1985. "Competition and the cost of liquidity to investors," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 183-195, August.
- Hamilton, James L, 1979. "Marketplace Fragmentation, Competition, and the Efficiency of the Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 171-87, March.
- JosÃ© Belso-MartÃnez & Xavier Molina-Morales & Francisco MÃ¡s-VerdÃº, 2011. "How cluster membership places the mediatior effect of the internal resources on the association between KIBS and the growth of new innovative firms," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1732, European Regional Science Association.
- Prejmerean (Dan), Mihaela Cornelia, 2011. "The development potential of clusters in Romania," MPRA Paper 35349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mikel Navarro & Juan JosÃ© Gibaja & Susana Franco & Asier Murciego, 2011. "Territorial benchmarking methodology: The need to identify reference regions," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1585, European Regional Science Association.
- Sara Tessitore & Tiberio Daddi & Fabio Iraldo, 2010. "Eco-innovation and economic performance in industrial clusters: evidence from Italy," Working Papers 201005, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, Istituto di Management.
- Josep-Antoni Ybarra-PÃ©rez & Rafael DomÃ©nech-SÃ¡nchez, 2011. "Governance of local production networks and public policy: The Spanish aid scheme for Innovative Business Partnerships," ERSA conference papers ersa11p394, European Regional Science Association.
- Julia Wolf, 2011. "Sustainable Supply Chain Management Integration: A Qualitative Analysis of the German Manufacturing Industry," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(2), pages 221-235, August.
- Fiorenza Belussi & Silvia R. Sedita, 2012.
"Industrial Districts as Open Learning Systems: Combining Emergent and Deliberate Knowledge Structures,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 165-184, April.
- Fiorenza Belussi & Silvia Rita Sedita, 2011. "Industrial districts as open learning systems: combining emergent and deliberate knowledge structures," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0141, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2011. "Forms of Emergence and the Evolution of Economic Landscapes," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1116, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Aug 2011.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2011. "Conceptualising Cluster Evolution: Beyond the Life-Cycle Model?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1112, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jul 2011.
- Pedro Valadas Monteiro & Teresa de Noronha & Paulo Neto, 2011. "The Importance of Clusters for Sustainable Innovation Processes: The Context of Small and Medium Sized Regions," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2011_24, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Bennett, Paul & Wei, Li, 2006. "Market structure, fragmentation, and market quality," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 49-78, February.
- Oliver Falck & Stefan Kipar & Ludger Wößmann, 2011. "Innovationstätigkeit von Unternehmen : die Rolle von Qualifikationen, Kooperationen und Clusterpolitik," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 38, 8.
- DAVID Lóránt & TOTH Géza & BUJDOSO Zoltán & REMENYIK Bulcsú, 2011. "The role of tourism in the development of border regions in Hungary," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(42)), pages 109-124, December.
- Ferrari, Filippo & Timoncini, Bruno & Conzatti, Silvia & Teglia, Egle, 2006.
"Una proposta a sostegno dello sviluppo delle Cinque Valli Bolognesi
[A proposal to support the development of the Cinque Valli Bolognesi]," MPRA Paper 20628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mirko Titze & Matthias Brachert & Alexander Kubis, 2011. "The Identification of Regional Industrial Clusters Using Qualitative Input-Output Analysis (QIOA)," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 89-102.
- Monteiro, Pedro & Noronha, Teresa & Neto, Paulo, 2011. "Contributions towards a Cluster Strategy for the Sea in the Algarve," Spatial and Organizational Dynamics Discussion Papers 2011-10, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve.
- Ende, Bartholomäus & Lutat, Marco, 2010. "Trade-throughs in European cross-traded equities after transaction costs: Empirical evidence for the EURO STOXX 50," CFS Working Paper Series 2010/15, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.