Marketplace Fragmentation, Competition, and the Efficiency of the Stock Exchange
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 34 (1979)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Chlistalla & Marco Lutat, 2011. "Competition in securities markets: the impact on liquidity," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 149-172, June.
- Kam, Tai-Kong & Panchapagesan, Venkatesh & Weaver, Daniel G., 2003. "Competition among markets: The repeal of Rule 390," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1711-1736, September.
- Ryan J. Davies, 2001. "Matching and the Estimated Impact of Inter-listing (updated July 2003)," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2001-11, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Jun 2003.
- Tse, Yiuman & Xiang, Ju, 2005. "Market quality and price discovery: Introduction of the E-mini energy futures," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 164-179, December.
- Fink, Jason & Fink, Kristin E. & Weston, James P., 2006. "Competition on the Nasdaq and the growth of electronic communication networks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 2537-2559, September.
- Porter, David C. & Thatcher, John G., 1998. "Fragmentation, competition, and limit orders: New evidence from interday spreads," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 111-128.
- Menkveld, Albert J., 2008.
"Splitting orders in overlapping markets: A study of cross-listed stocks,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 145-174, April.
- Menkveld, Albert J., 2006. "Splitting orders in overlapping markets: a study of cross-listed stocks," Serie Research Memoranda 0003, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Berkman, Henk & Nguyen, Nhut H., 2010. "Domestic liquidity and cross-listing in the United States," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1139-1151, June.
- Gresse, Carole, 2001. "The Impact of Crossing on Market Quality : an Empirical Study on the UK Market," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3024, Paris Dauphine University.
- Gresse, Carole, 2011. "Effects of the Competition between Multiple Trading Platforms on Market Liquidity : Evidence from the MiFID Experience," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7685, Paris Dauphine University.
- Foerster, Stephen R. & Karolyi, G. Andrew, 1998. "Multimarket trading and liquidity: a transaction data analysis of Canada-US interlistings," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 393-412, December.
- Aitken, Michael & Frino, Alex, 1996. "Execution costs associated with institutional trades on the Australian Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 45-58, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.