Agency and the design of welfare systems
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 73 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bound, John, 1991. "The Health and Earnings of Rejected Disability Insurance Applicants: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1427-34, December.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1991. "The Health and Earnings of Rejected Disability Insurance Applicants: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1419-26, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1987.
"Pareto efficient and optimal taxation and the new new welfare economics,"
Handbook of Public Economics,
in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 991-1042
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1988. "Pareto Efficient and Optimal Taxation and the New New Welfare Economics," NBER Working Papers 2189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sheshinski, E. & Diamond, P., 1992.
"Economic Aspects of Optimal Disability Benefits,"
92-5, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(114), pages 175-208, April.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1991. "Self-Screening in Targeted Public Transfer Programs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 859-76, August.
- Keen, Michael, 1997.
"Peculiar Institutions: A British Perspective on Tax Policy in the United States,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 50(4), pages 779-802, December .
- Michael Keen, 1997. "Peculiar institutions: A British perspective on tax policy in the United States," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 371-400, November.
- Stern, Nicholas, 1982. "Optimum taxation with errors in administration," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 181-211, March.
- John Bound, 1989.
"The Health and Earnings of Rejected Disability Insurance Applicants,"
NBER Working Papers
2816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bound, John, 1989. "The Health and Earnings of Rejected Disability Insurance Applicants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 482-503, June.
- Parsons, Donald O., 1996. "Imperfect 'tagging' in social insurance programs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 183-207, October.
- Jean-Marie Lozachmeur & Pierre Boyer, 2013. "Welfare programs and motivation bias of social workers," 2013 Meeting Papers 617, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Robin Boadway & Katherine Cuff, 1999.
"Monitoring Job Search as an Instrument for Targeting Transfers,"
982, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Robin Boadway & Katherine Cuff, 1999. "Monitoring Job Search as an Instrument For Targeting Transfers," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 317-337, August.
- Robin Boadway & Katherine Cuff, 1999. "Monitoring Job Search as an Instrument for Targeting Transfers," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 71, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Laurence JACQUET, 2009. "Take it or Leave it : Optimal Transfer Programs, Monitoring and Takeup," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2009003, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Michel, DE VROEY, 2006. "Getting Rid of Keynes ? A reflection on the history of macroeconomics," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2006051, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Laurence, JACQUET, 2006.
"Optimal disability assistance when fraud and stigma matter,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques)
2006052, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Laurence Jacquet, 2006. "Optimal disability assistance when fraud and stigma matter," Working Papers 1098, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Laurence Jacquet, 2010. "Take it or Leave it: Take-up, Optimal Transfer Programs, and Monitoring," CESifo Working Paper Series 3018, CESifo Group Munich.
- Krause, Günter, 2004. "On the role of budgeting in the delegated provision of public goods under asymmetric information," W.E.P. - WÃ¼rzburg Economic Papers 51, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Sjögren, Tomas, 2003. "Income Taxation, Old Age Pensions and Disability Benefits," UmeÃ¥ Economic Studies 616, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Homburg, Stefan & Lohse, Tim, 2004. "Optimal Tax-Transfer-Schemes under Partial Information," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-298, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2001.
"Welfare and Output Enhancing Moral Hazard: Disability Benefits and Endogenous Occupational Choice,"
Discussion Papers Series
445, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2001. "Welfare And Output Enhancing Moral Hazard:Disability Benefits And Endogenous Occupational Choice," Paul Frijters Discussion Papers 2001-1, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Stefan Homburg & Tim Lohse, 2005. "Optimal Taxes and Transfers under Partial Information," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 225(6), pages 622-629, November.
- Laurence jacquet, 2013. "Tagging and Redistributive Taxation with Imperfect Disability Monitoring," THEMA Working Papers 2013-01, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Jean-Marie Lozachmeur, 2006. "Disability insurance and optimal income taxation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 13(6), pages 717-732, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.