Heavy investment and high pollution as rational choices under socialism
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 15 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Buchanan, 1971. "Principles of urban fiscal strategy," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, September.
- Wintrobe,Ronald, 2000. "The Political Economy of Dictatorship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521794497.
- Dollar David, 1994. "Macroeconomic Management and the Transition to the Market in Vietnam," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 357-375, June.
- Kraft, Evan & Vodopivec, Milan, 1992.
"How soft is the budget constraint for Yugoslav firms?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
937, The World Bank.
- Kraft, Evan & Vodopivec, Milan, 1992. "How soft is the budget constraint for Yugoslav firms?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 432-455, September.
- Dan Usher, 1976.
"The Welfare Economics of the Socialization of Commodities,"
Working Papers, Queen's University, Department of Economics
218, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Usher, Dan, 1977. "The welfare economics of the socialization of commodities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 151-168, October.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles & Verdier, Thierry, 1993.
"Education, democracy and growth,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 399-407, December.
- Saint-Paul, G. & Verdier, T., 1991. "Education, Democracy and growth," DELTA Working Papers, DELTA (Ecole normale supÃ©rieure) 91-27, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Saint-Paul, Gilles & Verdier, Thierry, 1992. "Education, Democracy and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 613, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-27, October.
- Zou, Heng-fu, 1991.
"Socialist economic growth and political investment cycles,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
615, The World Bank.
- Zou, Heng-fu, 1991. "Socialist economic growth and political investment cycles," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 141-157, July.
- Robert Spann, 1974. "Collective consumption of private goods," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 63-81, December.
- Albert Breton, 1964. "The Economics of Nationalism," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 376.
- Mario Ferrero, 1993. "Why Were Investment Ratios So High in Soviet-Type Economies? A Public Choice Approach," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 1-14, Winter.
- James Buchanan, 1970. "Notes for an Economic theory of socialism," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 29-43, March.
- Ferrero, Mario, 2001. "Political exchange in mass party regimes and the transition from socialism," Economic Systems, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 365-379, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.