Selection bias and human capital investment: Estimating the rates of return to education for young males
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Labour Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vella, Francis, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator for Simultaneous Models with Censored Endogenous Regressors,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(2), pages 441-57, May.
- Vella, F., 1989. "A Simple Estimator For Simultaneous Models With Censored Endogenous Regressors," RCER Working Papers 199, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Renault, Eric & Trognon, Alain, 1987. "Generalised residuals," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 5-32.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Jeff E. Biddle, 1993.
"Beauty and the Labor Market,"
NBER Working Papers
4518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miller, Paul & Volker, Paul, 1987. "The Youth Labour Market In Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 63(182), pages 203-19, September.
- Garen, John, 1984. "The Returns to Schooling: A Selectivity Bias Approach with a Continuous Choice Variable," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1199-1218, September.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1978. "Unionism and Wage Rates: A Simultaneous Equations Model with Qualitative and Limited Dependent Variables," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 19(2), pages 415-33, June.
- Vella, Francis, 1994. "Gender Roles and Human Capital Investment: The Relationship between Traditional Attitudes and Female Labour Market Performance," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(242), pages 191-211, May.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1984. "A method of moments interpretation of sequential estimators," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 201-206.
- Trost, Robert P & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1984. "Technical Training and Earnings: A Polychotomous Choice Model with Selectivity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 151-56, February.
- Hartog, Joop, 2000. "Over-education and earnings: where are we, where should we go?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 131-147, April.
- Bruce Chapman & Louise Watson & Leesa Wheelahan, 2001. "From Silos to Seamlessness: Towards a Cross-sectoral Funding Model for Post-compulsory Education and Training," CEPR Discussion Papers 439, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Henry G. Overman & Alex Heath, 2000. "The influence of neighbourhood effects on education decisions in a nationally funded education system : the case of Australia," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 678, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lorraine Dearden & Alexandra Heath, 1996. "Income support and staying in school: what can we learn from Australia's AUSTUDY experiment?," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 17(4), pages 1-30, November.
- Torbjørn Hægeland, 2001. "Changing Returns to Education Across Cohorts: Selection, School System or Skills Obsolescence?," Discussion Papers 302, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Farré, Lídia & Klein, Roger & Vella, Francis, 2010.
"A Parametric Control Function Approach to Estimating the Returns to Schooling in the Absence of Exclusion Restrictions: An Application to the NLSY,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4935, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lídia Farré & Roger Klein & Francis Vella, 2013. "A parametric control function approach to estimating the returns to schooling in the absence of exclusion restrictions: an application to the NLSY," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 111-133, February.
- Francis Vella & Lídia Farré & Roger Klein, 2008. "A Parametric Control Function Approach to Estimating the Returns to Schooling in the Absence of Exclusion Restrictions: An Application to the NLSY," Working Papers. Serie AD 2008-16, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Giorgio Brunello & Daniele Checchi, 2003.
"School Quality and Family Background in Italy,"
2003.10, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Wambugu, Anthony, 2002. "Family Background, Education and Earnings in Kenya," Working Papers in Economics 76, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Skalli, Ali, 2007.
"Are successive investments in education equally worthwhile? Endogenous schooling decisions and non-linearities in the earnings-schooling relationship,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 215-231, April.
- A. Skalli, 2003. "Are Successive Investments in Education Equally Worthwile ? Endogeneous Schooling Decisions and Non-Linearities in the Earnings-schooling Relationship," Working Papers ERMES 0318, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Bedi, Arjun S. & Gaston, Noel, 1999. "Using variation in schooling availability to estimate educational returns for Honduras," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 107-116, February.
- Belfield, C. R. & Fielding, A., 2001. "Measuring the relationship between resources and outcomes in higher education in the UK," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 589-602, December.
- Lucifora, Claudio & Comi, Simona & Brunello, Giorgio, 2000. "The Returns to Education in Italy: A New Look at the Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 130, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Schneider & Dieter Sadowski, 2008. "The impact of New Public Management (NPM) instruments on PhD education," IAAEG Discussion Papers until 2011 200803, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Rummery, Sarah & Vella, Francis & Verbeek, Marno, 1999. "Estimating the returns to education for Australian youth via rank-order instrumental variables," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 491-507, November.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.