The impact of public education expenditure on human capital, growth, and poverty in Tanzania and Zambia: a general equilibrium approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 25 (2003)
Issue (Month): 8 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn, 2001. "The efficiency of government expenditure: experiences from Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 433-467, May.
- Robinson, Sherman & Yunez-Naude, Antonio & Hinojosa-Ojeda, Raul & Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Devarajan, Shantayanan, 1999. "From stylized to applied models:: Building multisector CGE models for policy analysis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 5-38.
- Behrman, Jere R & Birdsall, Nancy, 1983. "The Quality of Schooling: Quantity Alone is Misleading," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 928-46, December.
- Barro, R.J., 1989.
"Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries,"
RCER Working Papers
201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Marijn Verhoeven & Sanjeev Gupta & Erwin Tiongson, 1999. "Does Higher Government Spending Buy Better Results in Education and Health Care?," IMF Working Papers 99/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Schultz, T.P., 1995. "Accounting for Public Expenditures on Education: An International Panel Study," Papers 742, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- World Bank, 2000. "World Development Indicators 2000," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13828, March.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1996. "Measuring Investment in Education," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(4), pages 9-30, Fall.
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Sahn, David E., 2000. "A General Equilibrium Analysis of the Effect of Macroeconomic Adjustment on Poverty in Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 753-776, November.
- Buffie, Edward F. & Atolia, Manoj, 2012. "Trade, growth, and poverty in Zambia: Insights from a dynamic GE model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 211-229.
- Stefano Paternostro & Anand Rajaram & Erwin R. Tiongson, 2007.
"How Does the Composition of Public Spending Matter?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 47-82.
- Paternostro, Stefano & Rajaram, Anand & Tiongson, Erwin R., 2005. "How does the composition of public spending matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3555, The World Bank.
- Cabus, Sofie J. & De Witte, Kristof, 2012. "Naming and shaming in a ‘fair’ way. On disentangling the influence of policy in observed outcomes," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 767-787.
- Dorward, Andrew & Fan, Shenggen & Kydd, Jonathan & Lofgren, Hans & Morrison, Jamie & Poulton, Colin & Rao, Neetha & Smith, Laurence & Tchale, Hardwick & Thorat, Sukhadeo & Urey, Ian & Wobst, Peter, 2004. "Institutions and economic policies for pro-poor agricultural growth," DSGD discussion papers 15, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sahoo, Amarendra & ten Raa, Thijs, 2012. "Wage–productivity differentials and Indian economic efficiency," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 341-348.
- Fosu, Augustin Kwasi, 2007. "Fiscal Allocation for Education in Sub-Saharan Africa: Implications of the External Debt Service Constraint," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 702-713, April.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Rodolphe Missinhoun & Luc Savard, 2007.
"Reformes Economiques Et Croissance Pro-Pauvre : Une Application Macro-Micro Aux Philippines,"
Cahiers de recherche
07-17, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & G. Rodolphe A. Missinhoun & Luc Savard, 2010. "Réformes economiques et croissance pro-pauvre : une application macro-micro aux Philippines," Recherches économiques de Louvain, De Boeck Université, vol. 76(3), pages 257-288.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & G. Rodolphe A. Missinhoun & Luc Savard, 2010. "Réformes économiques et croissance pro-pauvre : une application macro-micro aux Philippines," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2010032, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Lakatos, Csilla & Walmsley, Terrie, 2012. "Investment creation and diversion effects of the ASEAN–China free trade agreement," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 766-779.
- Mongan, Juan Carlos & Santin, Daniel & Valiño, Aurelia, 2011. "Towards the equality of educational opportunity in the province of Buenos Aires," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 583-596, July.
- Tewodaj Mogues, 2011.
"The Bang for the Birr: Public Expenditures and Rural Welfare in Ethiopia,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 735-752.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Ayele, Gezahegn & Paulos, Zelekawork, 2007. "The bang for the birr: Public expenditures and rural welfare in Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 702, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Ayele, Gezahegn & Paulos, Zelekawork, 2008. "The bang for the birr: Public expenditures and rural welfare in Ethiopia," Research reports 160, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rossana Patrón, 2009. "Trade liberalization in a Heckscher–Ohlin model: Does public skill formation change the conventional results?," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1809, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Antonio Estache & Jean-François Perrault & Luc Savard, 2007.
"Impact of Infrastructure Spending in Mali: A CGE modeling approach,"
Cahiers de recherche
07-24, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Antonio Estache & Jean-François Perrault & Luc Savard, 2009. "Impact of Infrastructure Spending in Mali: A CGE Modeling Approach," Working Papers ECARES 2009_009, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & Jean-François Perrault & Luc Savard, 2008. "Impact Of Infrastructure Spending In Sub-Saharan Africa: A Cge Modeling Approach," Cahiers de recherche 08-03, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Raihan, Selim & Khondker, Bazlul Haque, 2010. "Doha Round Impacts on India: A Study in a Sequential Dynamic CGE Framework," MPRA Paper 37897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jung, Suhyun & Cho, Seong-Hoon & Roberts, Roland K., 2009. "Public Expenditure and Poverty Reduction in the Southern United States," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 47145, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Ayele, Gezahegne & Paulos, Zelekawork & Fan, Shenggen, 2006. "How Effective is Public Spending? Public Investment Composition and Rural Welfare in Ethiopia," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21258, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dartanto, Teguh, 2013. "Reducing fuel subsidies and the implication on fiscal balance and poverty in Indonesia: A simulation analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 117-134.
- Lemelin, André & Robichaud, Véronique & Decaluwé, Bernard, 2013. "Endogenous current account balances in a world CGE model with international financial assets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 146-160.
- Anne Briand, 2006. "Marginal Cost Versus Average Cost Pricing with Climatic Shocks in Senegal: A Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Model Applied to Water," Working Papers 2006.144, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.