A review and meta-analysis of country-of-origin research
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 20 (1999)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert A Peterson & Alain J P Jolibert, 1995. "A Meta-Analysis of Country-of-Origin Effects," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(4), pages 883-900, December.
- Hong, Sung-Tai & Wyer, Robert S, Jr, 1989. " Effects of Country-of-Origin and Product-Attribute Information on Product Evaluation: An Information Processing Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 175-87, September.
- John U. Farley & Donald R. Lehmann, 1994. "Cross-National "Laws" and Differences in Market Response," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(1), pages 111-122, January.
- Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E. M., 1990. "Conceptual model of the quality perception process," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 309-333, December.
- Fern, Edward F & Monroe, Kent B, 1996. " Effect-Size Estimates: Issues and Problems in Interpretation," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 89-105, September.
- John U. Farley & Donald R. Lehmann & Alan Sawyer, 1995. "Empirical Marketing Generalization Using Meta-Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages G36-G46.
- Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1985. " Primitive Aspects of Consumption in Modern American Society," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(2), pages 142-54, September.
- Frank M. Bass & Jerry Wind, 1995. "Introduction to the Special Issue: Empirical Generalizations in Marketing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages G1-G5.
- Erin Anderson & Barton Weitz, 1989. "Determinants of Continuity in Conventional Industrial Channel Dyads," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(4), pages 310-323.
- Hong, Sung-Tai & Wyer, Robert S, Jr, 1990. " Determinants of Product Evaluation: Effects of the Time Interval between Knowledge of a Product's Country of Origin and Information about Its Specific Attributes," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(3), pages 277-88, December.
- Chao, Paul, 1998. "Impact of Country-of-Origin Dimensions on Product Quality and Design Quality Perceptions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-6, May.
- Paul Chao, 1993. "Partitioning Country of Origin Effects: Consumer Evaluations of a Hybrid Product," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(2), pages 291-306, June.
- Martin S Roth & Jean B Romeo, 1992. "Matching Product Category and Country Image Perceptions: A Framework for Managing Country-of-Origin Effects," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(3), pages 477-497, September.
- Fournier, Susan, 1998. " Consumers and Their Brands: Developing Relationship Theory in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(4), pages 343-73, March.
- Arnould, Eric J, 1989. " Toward a Broadened Theory of Preference Formation and the Diffusion of Innovations: Cases from Zinder Province, Niger Republic," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 239-67, September.
- Botschen, Gunther & Hemetsberger, Andrea, 1998. "Diagnosing Means-End Structures to Determine the Degree of Potential Marketing Program Standardization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 151-159, June.
- Warren J Bilkey & Erik Nes, 1982. "Country-of-Origin Effects on Product Evaluations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 13(1), pages 89-100, March.
- Lefkoff-Hagius, Roxanne & Mason, Charlotte H, 1993. " Characteristic, Beneficial, and Image Attributes in Consumer Judgments of Similarity and Preference," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 100-110, June.
- Dekhili, S. & D'Hauteville, F., 2006. "Les dimensions perçues de l'image de la région d'origine. Cas de l'huile d'olive," Working Papers MOISA 200609, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro, IRD - Montpellier, France.
- Shih-Chieh Chuang & HsiuJu Yen, 2007. "The impact of a product’s country-of-origin on compromise and attraction effects," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 279-291, December.
- Ulrich R. Orth & Zuzana Firbasová, 2003. "The role of consumer ethnocentrism in food product evaluation," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 137-153.
- Bolliger, Conradin, 2011. "Assessing Consumers' Cognitive, Affective and Normative Associations on Willingness-to-pay for Domestic Foods," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114259, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rita Kottasz & Roger Bennett, 2005. "The impact of ethnocentrism on perceived reputation and emotional liking of artworks: A comparative analysis," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 9-21, December.
- Henseleit, Meike & Kubitzki, Sabine & Teuber, Ramona, 2007. "Determinants of Consumer Preferences for Regional Food," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7871, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Beyer, Jürgen, 2006. "Verfestigte institutionelle Vielfalt? Die komparativen Vorteile koordinierter Ökonomien und die Internationalisierung von Unternehmen," MPIfG Working Paper 06/8, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Henri L.F. de Groot & Ruud A. de Mooij, 2002. "Meta-analysis: A Tool for Upgrading Inputs of Macroeconomic Policy Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-041/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jean-Marc Callois & Carl Gaigné, 2010.
"Attitudes Towards Foreign Products and Welfare with Capital Mobility,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 751-770, November.
- J.M. Callois & C. Gaigné, 2010. "Attitudes towards foreign products and welfare with capital mobility," Post-Print hal-00546541, HAL.
- Jean-Marc Callois & Carl Gaigné, 2009. "Attitudes towards foreign products and welfare with capital mobility," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 09-06, INRA UMR SMART.
- Profeta, Adriano, 2008. "A Theoretical Framework for Country-of-Origin-Research in the Food sector," MPRA Paper 20540, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- António Zevedo, 2004. "Image transference from product branding to place branding: The case study of Marinha Grande Mglass," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 101-111, December.
- Claudio Aqueveque & Catherine Encina, 2010. "Corporate Behavior, Social Cynicism, and Their Effect on Individuals’ Perceptions of the Company," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 311-324, February.
- Antje Wirthgen, 2005. "Consumer, retailer, and producer assessments of product differentiation according to regional origin and process quality," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 191-211.
- Joseph, Siny & Lavoie, Nathalie, 2008. "Effectiveness of COOL in the U.S. Seafood Industry," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6260, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.