Partitioning Country of Origin Effects: Consumer Evaluations of a Hybrid Product
AbstractRecent cases in strategic alliances observed in the U.S. automobile and numerous other consumer product industries point up an important area of research that has not received enough attention in the literature. Complex products involving multiple country affiliations have become much more common.© 1993 JIBS. Journal of International Business Studies (1993) 24, 291–306
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Palgrave Macmillan in its journal Journal of International Business Studies.
Volume (Year): 24 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/
Postal: Palgrave Macmillan Journals, Subscription Department, Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6XS, UK
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hadjikhani, Amjad, 1997. "A note on the criticisms against the internationalization process model," Working Papers 1997:2, Uppsala University, Department of Business Studies.
- Charters, Steve & Spielmann, Nathalie, 2014. "Characteristics of strong territorial brands: The case of champagne," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(7), pages 1461-1467.
- Verlegh, Peeter W. J. & Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E. M., 1999. "A review and meta-analysis of country-of-origin research," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 521-546, October.
- Jo, Myung-Soo & Nakamoto, Kent & Nelson, James E., 2003. "The shielding effects of brand image against lower quality countries-of-origin in global manufacturing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(8), pages 637-646, August.
- Insch, Gary S. & McBride, J. Brad, 2004. "The impact of country-of-origin cues on consumer perceptions of product quality: A binational test of the decomposed country-of-origin construct," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 256-265, March.
- Hamzaoui-Essoussi, Leila & Merunka, Dwight & Bartikowski, Boris, 2011. "Brand origin and country of manufacture influences on brand equity and the moderating role of brand typicality," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(9), pages 973-978, September.
- Yu, Julie H. & Albaum, Gerald, 2002. "Sovereignty change influences on consumer ethnocentrism and product preferences: Hong Kong revisited one year later," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 891-899, November.
- Wang, Cheng Lu & Li, Dongjin & Barnes, Bradley R. & Ahn, Jongseok, 2012. "Country image, product image and consumer purchase intention: Evidence from an emerging economy," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1041-1051.
- Alejando Zegarra Saldaña & Corina Negru, 2005. "A model of the moderating effects of prior knowledge, level of education and income level on the use of extrinsic quality cues on consumers' quality assessments," InvestigaciÃ³n & Desarrollo 0305, Universidad Privada Boliviana, revised Mar 2005.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Gale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.