Asymptotic properties of nonlinear autoregressive Markov processes with state-dependent switching
AbstractIn this paper, we consider a class of nonlinear autoregressive (AR) processes with state-dependent switching, which are two-component Markov processes. The state-dependent switching model is a nontrivial generalization of Markovian switching formulation and it includes the Markovian switching as a special case. We prove the Feller and strong Feller continuity by means of introducing auxiliary processes and making use of the Radon-Nikodym derivatives. Then, we investigate the geometric ergodicity by the Foster-Lyapunov inequality. Moreover, we establish the V-uniform ergodicity by means of introducing additional auxiliary processes and by virtue of constructing certain order-preserving couplings of the original as well as the auxiliary processes. In addition, illustrative examples are provided for demonstration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 101 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-84, March.
- Hamilton, James D., 1990. "Analysis of time series subject to changes in regime," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 39-70.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991.
"Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993. " Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-78, December.
- Yuan, Chenggui & Mao, Xuerong, 2003. "Asymptotic stability in distribution of stochastic differential equations with Markovian switching," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 277-291, February.
- Wu, Liming, 2001. "Large and moderate deviations and exponential convergence for stochastic damping Hamiltonian systems," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 205-238, February.
- Mao, Xuerong, 1999. "Stability of stochastic differential equations with Markovian switching," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 45-67, January.
- Khasminskii, R.Z. & Zhu, C. & Yin, G., 2007. "Stability of regime-switching diffusions," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(8), pages 1037-1051, August.
- Hamilton, James D., 1996. "Specification testing in Markov-switching time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 127-157, January.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.