Bayesian inference and state number determination for hidden Markov models: an application to the information content of the yield curve about inflation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 123 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jondeau, E. & Ricart, R., 1997.
"Le contenu en information de la pente des taux : application au cas des titres publics français,"
43, Banque de France.
- Roland Ricart & Éric Jondeau, 1999. "Le contenu en information de la pente des taux : application au cas des titres publics français," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 140(4), pages 1-20.
- Hamilton, James D., 1996. "Specification testing in Markov-switching time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 127-157, January.
- L. Wasserman, 2000. "Asymptotic inference for mixture models by using data-dependent priors," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(1), pages 159-180.
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Quandt, Richard E., 1973. "A Markov model for switching regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-15, March.
- Nicolas Chopin, 2002.
"A sequential particle filter method for static models,"
Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 539-552, August.
- Nicolas Chopin, 2000. "A Sequential Particle Filter Method for Static Models," Working Papers 2000-45, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Nicolas Chopin, 2001. "Sequential Inference and State Number Determination for Discrete State-Space Models through Particle Filtering," Working Papers 2001-34, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Kim, Chang-Jin & Nelson, Charles R. & Startz, Richard, 1998. "Testing for mean reversion in heteroskedastic data based on Gibbs-sampling-augmented randomization1," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 131-154, June.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-84, March.
- Jorion, Philippe & Mishkin, Frederic, 1991.
"A multicountry comparison of term-structure forecasts at long horizons,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 59-80, March.
- Philippe Jorion & Frederic Mishkin, 1991. "A Multi-Country Comparison of Term Structure Forecasts at Long Horizons," NBER Working Papers 3574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Shiller & John Y. Campbell & Kermit L. Schoenholtz, 1983.
"Forward Rates and Future Policy: Interpreting the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 14(1), pages 173-224.
- Robert J. Shiller & John Y. Campbell & Kermit L. Schoenholtz, 1983. "Forward Rates and Future Policy: Interpreting the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 667, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Tzavalis, E. & Wickens, M.R., 1995.
"Forecasting Inflation from the Term Structure,"
9519, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Gerlach, Stefan, 1997.
"The Information Content of the Term Structure: Evidence for Germany,"
Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 161-79.
- Gerlach, Stefan, 1995. "The Information Content of the Term Structure: Evidence for Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 1264, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefan Gerlach, 1995. "The information content of the term structure: evidence for Germany," BIS Working Papers 29, Bank for International Settlements.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1991.
"The Information in the Longer Maturity Term Structure about Future Inflation,"
NBER Working Papers
3126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 1990. "The Information in the Longer Maturity Term Structure about Future Inflation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(3), pages 815-28, August.
- Hamilton, James D., 1990. "Analysis of time series subject to changes in regime," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 39-70.
- Christopher A. Sims & Daniel F. Waggoner & Tao Zha, 2006.
"Methods for inference in large multiple-equation Markov-switching models,"
2006-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Sims, Christopher A. & Waggoner, Daniel F. & Zha, Tao, 2008. "Methods for inference in large multiple-equation Markov-switching models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 255-274, October.
- Nicolas Chopin, 2007. "Dynamic Detection of Change Points in Long Time Series," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 59(2), pages 349-366, June.
- Zhongfang He & John M Maheu, 2008.
"Real Time Detection of Structural Breaks in GARCH Models,"
tecipa-336, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- He, Zhongfang & Maheu, John M., 2010. "Real time detection of structural breaks in GARCH models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(11), pages 2628-2640, November.
- Zhongfang He & John M. Maheu, 2009. "Real Time Detection of Structural Breaks in GARCH Models," Working Papers 09-31, Bank of Canada.
- Zhongfang He & John M. Maheu, 2009. "Real Time Detection of Structural Breaks in GARCH Models," Working Paper Series 11_09, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2009.
- Gary M. Koop & Simon M. Potter, 2004.
"Forecasting and estimating multiple change-point models with an unknown number of change points,"
196, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gary M. Koop & Simon M. Potter, 2004. "Forecasting and Estimating Multiple Change-point Models with an Unknown Number of Change-points," Discussion Papers in Economics 04/31, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Gianni Amisano & Roberto Casarin, 2008. "Particle Filters for Markov-Switching Stochastic-Correlation Models," Working Papers 0814, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Creal, D., 2009. "A survey of sequential Monte Carlo methods for economics and finance," Serie Research Memoranda 0018, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Matthieu Lemoine & Florian Pelgrin, 2003.
"Introduction aux modèles espace-état et au filtre de Kalman,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 86(3), pages 203-229.
- Florian Pelgrin & Matthieu Lemoine, 2003. "Introduction aux modèles espace état et au filtre de Kalman," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2129, Sciences Po.
- Casarin, Roberto & Trecroci, Carmine, 2006. "Business Cycle and Stock Market Volatility: A Particle Filter Approach," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6830, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.