Growth with imported capital goods, limited export demand and foreign debt
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Griffin, Keith & Gurley, John, 1985. "Radical Analyses of Imperialism, the Third World, and the Transition to Socialism: A Survey Article," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 1089-1143, September.
- McCabe, James L & Sibley, David S, 1976. "Optimal Foreign Debt Accumulation with Export Revenue Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 17(3), pages 675-86, October.
- Krugman, Paul, 1989.
"Differences in income elasticities and trends in real exchange rates,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1031-1046, May.
- Paul Krugman, 1988. "Differences In Income Elasticities and Trends in Real Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 2761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siebert, Horst, 1987. "Foreign debt and capital accumulation," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1351, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1983. "Debt and the Current Account Deficit in Brazil," NBER Chapters, in: Financial Policies and the World Capital Market: The Problem of Latin American Countries, pages 187-198 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takash Negishi, 1965. "Foreign Investment And The Long‐Run National Advantage," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 41(96), pages 628-632, December.
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1992.
"Growth in open economies,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 5-46, July.
- Bade, Robin, 1972. "Optimal Growth and Foreign Borrowing with Restricted Mobility of Foreign Capital," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 544-52, October.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- D. Sapsford & P. Sarkar & H. W. Singer, 1992. "The prebisch‐singer terms of trade controversy revisited," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(3), pages 315-332, 05.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1991. "Professor Krugman's 45-Degree Rule," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 14(1), pages 23-28, October.
- Findlay, Ronald, 1980. "The Terms of Trade and Equilibrium Growth in the World Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 291-99, June.
- Riedel, James, 1984. "Trade as the Engine of Growth in Developing Countries, Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 56-73, March.
- Otani, Ichiro & Villanueva, Delano, 1990. "Long-term growth in developing countries and its determinants: An empirical analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 769-783, June.
- Horst Siebert, 1987. "Foreign debt and capital accumulation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 123(4), pages 618-630, December.
- Michaely, Michael, 1977. "Exports and growth : An empirical investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 49-53, February.
- Bazdarich, Michael J., 1978. "Optimal growth and stages in the balance of payments," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 425-443, August.
- Juergen Donges & James Riedel, 1977. "The expansion of manufactured exports in developing countries: An empirical assessment of s upply and demand issues," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 58-87, March.
- Engel, Charles & Kletzer, Kenneth, 1989.
"Saving and Investment in an Open Economy with Non-traded Goods,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(4), pages 735-52, November.
- Charles Engel & Kenneth Kletzer, 1987. "Saving and Investment in an Open Economy with Non-Traded Goods," NBER Working Papers 2141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bardhan, Pranab K & Lewis, Sydney, 1970.
"Models of Growth with Imported Inputs,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 37(148), pages 373-85, November.
- Butlin, M. W., 1985. "Imported inputs in an optimising model of a small open economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 101-121, February.
- Taylor, Lance, 1981. "South-north trade and southern growth : Bleak prospects from the structuralist point of view," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 589-602, November.
- Bliss, Christopher, 1989. "Trade and development," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1187-1240 Elsevier.
- Jonathan Perraton, 2003. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth and Developing Countries: An examination of Thirlwall's hypothesis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 1-22.
- Hollanders,Hugo & Weel,Bas,ter, 1998. "Skill-Biased Technological Change in an Endogenous Growth Model," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Alexis Habiyaremye, 2013. "Imported Capital Goods and Manufacturing Productivity: Evidence from Botswana's Manufacturing Sector," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(4), pages 581-604, December.
- Leung, Hing-Man, 2000. "Trade and growth: a theoretical exploration into foreign debts by NICs," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-47, January.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.