Growth with imported capital goods, limited export demand and foreign debt
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622617
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Engel, Charles & Kletzer, Kenneth, 1989.
"Saving and Investment in an Open Economy with Non-traded Goods,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(4), pages 735-52, November.
- Charles Engel & Kenneth Kletzer, 1987. "Saving and Investment in an Open Economy with Non-Traded Goods," NBER Working Papers 2141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1991.
"Growth in open economies,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
799, The World Bank.
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1992. "Growth in open economies," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 5-46, July.
- Otani, Ichiro & Villanueva, Delano, 1990. "Long-term growth in developing countries and its determinants: An empirical analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 769-783, June.
- Bazdarich, Michael J., 1978. "Optimal growth and stages in the balance of payments," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 425-443, August.
- McCabe, James L & Sibley, David S, 1976. "Optimal Foreign Debt Accumulation with Export Revenue Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 17(3), pages 675-86, October.
- Juergen Donges & James Riedel, 1977. "The expansion of manufactured exports in developing countries: An empirical assessment of s upply and demand issues," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 58-87, March.
- Riedel, James, 1984. "Trade as the Engine of Growth in Developing Countries, Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 56-73, March.
- Butlin, M. W., 1985. "Imported inputs in an optimising model of a small open economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 101-121, February.
- Takash Negishi, 1965. "Foreign Investment And The Long‐Run National Advantage," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 41(96), pages 628-632, December.
- Paul Krugman, 1988.
"Differences In Income Elasticities and Trends in Real Exchange Rates,"
NBER Working Papers
2761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1989. "Differences in income elasticities and trends in real exchange rates," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1031-1046, May.
- P. K. Bardhan & S. Lewis, 1968.
"Models of Growth with Imported Inputs,"
19, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1983. "Debt and the Current Account Deficit in Brazil," NBER Chapters, in: Financial Policies and the World Capital Market: The Problem of Latin American Countries, pages 187-198 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michaely, Michael, 1977. "Exports and growth : An empirical investigation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 49-53, February.
- Findlay, Ronald, 1980. "The Terms of Trade and Equilibrium Growth in the World Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 291-99, June.
- Siebert, Horst, 1987. "Foreign debt and capital accumulation," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1351, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Horst Siebert, 1987. "Foreign debt and capital accumulation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 123(4), pages 618-630, December.
- Bade, Robin, 1972. "Optimal Growth and Foreign Borrowing with Restricted Mobility of Foreign Capital," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 544-52, October.
- Taylor, Lance, 1981. "South-north trade and southern growth : Bleak prospects from the structuralist point of view," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 589-602, November.
- Bliss, Christopher, 1989. "Trade and development," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1187-1240 Elsevier.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1991. "Professor Krugman's 45-Degree Rule," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 14(1), pages 23-28, October.
- Griffin, Keith & Gurley, John, 1985. "Radical Analyses of Imperialism, the Third World, and the Transition to Socialism: A Survey Article," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 1089-1143, September.
- D. Sapsford & P. Sarkar & H. W. Singer, 1992. "The prebisch‐singer terms of trade controversy revisited," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(3), pages 315-332, 05.
- Jonathan Perraton, 2003. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth and Developing Countries: An examination of Thirlwall's hypothesis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 1-22.
- Alexis Habiyaremye, 2013. "Imported Capital Goods and Manufacturing Productivity: Evidence from Botswana's Manufacturing Sector," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(4), pages 581-604, December.
- Hollanders,Hugo & Weel,Bas,ter, 1998. "Skill-Biased Technological Change in an Endogenous Growth Model," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Leung, Hing-Man, 2000. "Trade and growth: a theoretical exploration into foreign debts by NICs," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-47, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.