The dilemma of cheap food and self-sufficiency: The case of wheat in Iran
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Food Policy.
Volume (Year): 32 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lofgren, Hans & El-Said, Moataz, 2001. "Food subsidies in Egypt: reform options, distribution and welfare," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 65-83, February.
- Mojtahed, Ahmad & Esfahani, Hadi S., 1989. "Agricultural policy and performance in Iran: The post-revolutionary experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 839-860, June.
- Gutner, Tamar, 2002. "The political economy of food subsidy reform: the case of Egypt," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5-6), pages 455-476.
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991.
"Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-88, December.
- von Braun, Joachim & Paulino, Leonardo, 1990. "Food in sub-Saharan Africa : Trends and policy challenges for the 1990s," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 505-517, December.
- Hopkins, Raymond F., 1988. "The politics of adjustment : The African case," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 47-55, February.
- Ahmed, Akhter U. & Gutner, Tamar & Lofgren, Hans & Bouis, Howarth E., 2001. "The Egyptian food subsidy system: structure, performance, and options for reform," Research reports 119, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jayne, T. S. & Jones, Stephen, 1997. "Food marketing and pricing policy in Eastern and Southern Africa: A survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1505-1527, September.
- Dani Rodrik, 2000. "Participatory Politics, Social Cooperation, and Economic Stability," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 140-144, May.
- Swinbank, Alan, 1992. "The EEC's policies and its food," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 53-64, February.
- Dimitrios G. Demekas & Kasper Bartholdy & Sanjeev Gupta & Leslie Lipschitz & Thomas Mayer, 1988. "The Effects of the Common Agricultural Policy of the European Community: A Survey of the Literature," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(2), pages 113-145, December.
- Mellor, John W, 1983. "Food Prospects for the Developing Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 239-43, May.
- Karami, Ayatollah & Esmaeili, Abdoulkarim & Najafi, Bahadin, 2012. "Assessing effects of alternative food subsidy reform in Iran," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 788-799.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.