Let's make a deal! How shareholder control impacts merger payoffs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Economics.
Volume (Year): 76 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robinson, David T., 2009. "Size, ownership and the market for corporate control," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 80-84, February.
- Bargeron, Leonce L. & Schlingemann, Frederik P. & Stulz, Rene M. & Zutter, Chad J., 2009.
"Do Target CEOs Sell Out Their Shareholders to Keep Their Job in a Merger?,"
Working Paper Series
2009-2, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Leonce L. Bargeron & Frederik P. Schlingemann & René M. Stulz & Chad J. Zutter, 2009. "Do Target CEOs Sell Out Their Shareholders to Keep Their Job in a Merger?," NBER Working Papers 14724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bauguess, Scott W. & Moeller, Sara B. & Schlingemann, Frederik P. & Zutter, Chad J., 2009. "Ownership structure and target returns," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 48-65, February.
- Huizinga, Harry & Voget, Johannes & Wagner, Wolf, 2009.
"International Taxation and Takeover Premiums in Cross-border M&As,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7182, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harry Huizinga & Johannes Voget & Wolf Wagner, 2008. "International Taxation and Takeover Premiums in Cross-border M&As," Working Papers 0809, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Harry Huizinga & Johannes Voget & Wolf Wagner, 2008. "International Taxation and Takeover Premiums in Cross-border M&As," Working Papers 0826, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Makhija, Anil K. & Narayanan, Rajesh P., 2007. "Fairness Opinions in Mergers and Acquisitions," Working Paper Series 2007-11, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Fahlenbrach, Rudiger & Low, Angie & Stulz, Rene, 2008.
"Why Do Firms Appoint CEOs as Outside Directors?,"
Working Paper Series
2008-10, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Huizinga, Harry & Voget, Johannes & Wagner, Wolf, 2012. "Who bears the burden of international taxation? Evidence from cross-border M&As," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 186-197.
- Belot, François, 2009. "Do target shareholder agreements induce bidders to pay higher premiums?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2941, Paris Dauphine University.
- Fich, Eliezer M. & Cai, Jie & Tran, Anh L., 2011. "Stock option grants to target CEOs during private merger negotiations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 413-430, August.
- Hadani, Michael & Goranova, Maria & Khan, Raihan, 2011. "Institutional investors, shareholder activism, and earnings management," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 1352-1360.
- Ahern, Kenneth R., 2012. "Bargaining power and industry dependence in mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 530-550.
- Kim, Woochan & Kim, Woojin & Kwon, Kap-Sok, 2009. "Value of outside blockholder activism: Evidence from the switchers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 505-522, September.
- Elijah Brewer, III & William E. Jackson, III & Larry D. Wall, 2006. "When target CEOs contract with acquirers: evidence from bank mergers and acquisitions," Working Paper 2006-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.