The impact of managerial change on team performance in professional sports
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 54 (2002)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Warner, Jerold B. & Watts, Ross L. & Wruck, Karen H., 1988. "Stock prices and top management changes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 461-492, January.
- Rick Audas & Stephen Dobson & John Goddard, 1999. "Organizational performance and managerial turnover," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(6), pages 305-318.
- John L. Fizel & Michael P. D'Itri, 1997. "Managerial Efficiency, Managerial Succession and Organizational Performance," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 295-308.
- Bonnier, Karl-Adam & Bruner, Robert F., 1989. "An analysis of stock price reaction to management change in distressed firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 95-106, February.
- Dobson,Stephen & Goddard,John, 2011. "The Economics of Football," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521517140, December.
- P. Glewwe, 1997. "A test of the normality assumption in ordered probit model," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 1-19.
- Denis, David J & Denis, Diane K, 1995. " Performance Changes Following Top Management Dismissals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-57, September.
- Tim Kuypers, 2000. "Information and efficiency: an empirical study of a fixed odds betting market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(11), pages 1353-1363.
- Koning, R.H., 2000. "An econometric evaluation of the firing of a coach on team performance," Research Report 00F40, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Andrew Weiss, 1997. "Specification tests in ordered logit and probit models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 361-391.
- A-L. Balduck & A. Prinzie & M. Buelens, 2008. "The effectiveness of coach turnover and the effect on home team advantage, team quality and team ranking," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 08/535, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3702 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:3596 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rick Audas & John Goddard & W. Glenn Rowe, 2006. "Modelling employment durations of NHL head coaches: turnover and post-succession performance," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(4), pages 293-306.
- De Paola, Maria & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2008. "The Effects of Managerial Turnover: Evidence from Coach Dismissals in Italian Soccer Teams," MPRA Paper 11030, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Flores, Ramón & Forrest, David & Tena, J.D., 2012. "Decision taking under pressure: Evidence on football manager dismissals in Argentina and their consequences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(3), pages 653-662.
- Agnes Bäker & Mario Mechtel & Karin Vetter, 2012. "Beating thy Neighbor: Derby Effects in German Professional Soccer," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 232(3), pages 224-246, May.
- Bernd Süssmuth & Stefan Wagner, 2012. "A Market’s Reward Scheme, Media Attention, and the Transitory Success of Managerial Change," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 232(3), pages 258-278, May.
- Antonio Samagaio & Eduardo Couto & Jorge Caiado, 2009. "Sporting, financial and stock market performance in English football: an empirical analysis of structural relationships," CEMAPRE Working Papers 0906, Centre for Applied Mathematics and Economics (CEMAPRE), School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon.
- Franz Wirl & Simon Sagmeister, 2008. "Changing of the guards: New coaches in Austria’s premier football league," Empirica, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 267-278, July.
- A. Balduck & M. Buelens, 2007. "Does sacking the coach help or hinder the team in the short term? Evidence from Belgian soccer," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 07/430, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch & Jan Pieper, 2011.
"Specific Human Capital as a Source of Superior Team Performance,"
Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr),
LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 63(4), pages 376-392, October.
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch & Jan Pieper, 2009. "Specific Human Capital as a Source of Superior Team Performance," Working Papers 0030, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA).
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch & Jan Pieper, 2009. "Specific Human Capital as a Source of Superior Team Performance," Working Papers 0113, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- B Frick & R Simmons, 2005. "The impact of managerial quality on organizational performance: evidence from German soccer," Working Papers 566927, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Oberhofer, Harald & Philippovich, Tassilo & Winner, Hannes, 2010.
"Distance matters in away games: Evidence from the German football league,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 200-211, April.
- Oberhofer, Harald & Philippovich, Tassilo & Winner, Hannes, 2009. "Distance matters in away games: Evidence from the German Football League," Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2009-1, University of Salzburg.
- Tara Béteille & Demetra Kalogrides & Susanna Loeb, 2011. "Stepping Stones: Principal Career Paths and School Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 17243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefan Wagner, 2010. "Managerial succession and organizational performance-evidence from the German Soccer League," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(6), pages 415-430.
- Geyer, Hannah, 2008. "Auswechselverhalten im Fußball: Eine theoretische und empirische Analyse," IÃB-Diskussionspapiere 5/08, University of Münster, Institute for Economic Education.
- Goddard, John, 2005. "Regression models for forecasting goals and match results in association football," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 331-340.
- Humphreys, Brad & Paul, Rodney & Weinbach, Andrew, 2011. "CEO Turnover: More Evidence on the Role of Performance Expectations," Working Papers 2011-14, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- C. Detotto & D. Paolini, 2012. "Do managerial skills matter? An analysis of the impact of managerial features on performance for the Italian football," Working Paper CRENoS 201220, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3594 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.