Specification tests in ordered logit and probit models
AbstractIn this paper, I study the application of various specification tests to ordered logit and probit models with heteroskedastic errors, with the primary focus on the ordered probit model. The tests are Lagrange multiplier tests, information matrix tests, and chi-squared goodness of fit tests. The alternatives are omitted variables in the regression equation, omitted varaibles in the equation describing the heteroskedasticity, and non-logistic/non-normal errors. The alternative error distributions include a generalized logistic distribution in the ordered logit model and the Pearson family in the ordered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor and Francis Journals in its journal Econometric Reviews.
Volume (Year): 16 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://taylorandfrancis.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=107830
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William H. Greene & David A. Hensher, 2008. "Modeling Ordered Choices: A Primer and Recent Developments," Working Papers 08-26, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Ulrich Kaiser & Andrea Szczesny, 2000. "Einfache oekonomische Verfahren fuer die Kreditrisikomessung," CoFE Discussion Paper 00-28, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Juan Mora & Ana I. Moro, 2006. "Consistent Specification Test For Ordered Discrete Choice Models," Working Papers. Serie AD 2006-17, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Dobson, Stephen & Goddard, John, 2003. "Persistence in sequences of football match results: A Monte Carlo analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(2), pages 247-256, July.
- Audas, Rick & Dobson, Stephen & Goddard, John, 2002. "The impact of managerial change on team performance in professional sports," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 633-650.
- Mora, Juan & Moro-Egido, Ana I., 2008. "On specification testing of ordered discrete choice models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 191-205, March.
- Ruud H. Koning, 1999. "Competitive Balance in Dutch Soccer," Industrial Organization 9905001, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.